ChumSlickJon

June report thread

Rate this topic

527 posts in this topic

39 mins ago, Goldy said:

That's assuming i liked the guys I was on the boat with.. HAHA

The one thing I will never understand is when bass are blowing up on bunker schools why do guys on boats troll right threw them.   Do people really not know how to throw a plug?

It's only been the last few years you see a bunch of guys actually plugging from boats, and almost all of them were surfcasters to begin with.  95% of boats in the spring are trolling or live bait fishing, closer to 100 on weekends.

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

That's assuming i liked the guys I was on the boat with.. HAHA

The one thing I will never understand is when bass are blowing up on bunker schools why do guys on boats troll right threw them.   Do people really not know how to throw a plug?

Same reason why public restrooms are coated with urine and graffiti. Cause people are morons.

59 mins ago, adams54 said:

Cause people are morons.

Why is that?  Throwing a plug or a popper at stripe trash isn't the nirvana some people make it out to be.  Hell of a lot less so on a boat i might add. 

3 hours ago, DeeMonee said:

SoMoCo, sunrise 1 hr. A little drizzle for the first half of the outing. No wind, middle of outgoing, ocean flat, little surf but clear and clean. Quiet for me. Had 1 lil’ tap, 1 follow to the lip and a sun dial washed up and hit my boot. Skunk.

Make up your mind! Was it a sundial or a skunk that hit your boot?

5 mins ago, Jcb3030 said:

Anyone notice the blues seem to be getting smaller?  A few weeks ago they were gorillas. Now mainly cocktails. 

They shrink when it doesn't rain much.

Northern OC this morning after the lighting storm but still in the rain. Osprey pulling prey from far out.  Landed large Dog Fish on bucktail with red/white twisty trailer.  Before the tail broke the surface I thought I had a solid bass. Oh well.

Water was nice steel, green.  I didn't see any sign of bait. First brown pelican passed by.  

4 hours ago, Jcb3030 said:

Anyone notice the blues seem to be getting smaller?  A few weeks ago they were gorillas. Now mainly cocktails. 

I called them cocktails but they were closer to big snappers. 10 12 14 “ fish half the size of the plug.

31 mins ago, Irishfire18 said:

I called them cocktails but they were closer to big snappers. 10 12 14 “ fish half the size of the plug.

Wow!  20,24 and 28” plugs.  Change your name to IrishCowHunter 18!!!

"Success, getting the first bug bass of the spring.  Hit the tape at 24 inches with a perfect circle hook corner mouth set."

nice healthy looking stripe  

28 mins ago, cartopper said:

Wow!  20,24 and 28” plugs.  Change your name to IrishCowHunter 18!!!

When I get that cow from shore then I’ll change it.