ChumSlickJon

June report thread

Rate this topic

527 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Hit MoCO for the outgoing 1130-200am hit about 6 rock piles, only 1 produced a consistent bite. 6 bass, between 25-29 inches on a black sluggo with a jig head, they had some fight in them tonight and all a beautiful light sand color.

Only have a couple of outings left in me before I move to South Carolina(July 15th), I'm not feeling too good about it, going to miss this. 

Not sure where you are moving to in SC, but the Savannah river has some really nice catfish and striper fishing. Best wishes on the move.

This am. tried the mole crabs again but no luck. Fished at a lower tide and it was a little harder to find em. Nobody else fishing that I could see.

Out front in OC this morning from middle to slack of outgoing tide from 4:45-7:00.  Northwest breeze which was nice. Water was clean but the wind didn’t lay it down too much.  Tried an Ava, white paddle tail, and chicken scratch SP.  Only landed one smaller bass on the teaser at the lip.

Yesterday fished from 11a-2p in OC out front during top of incoming.  Used the Ava and landed 3 descent blues.  Others were catching blues in the same area I was.  

FBA8962F-0A64-42B7-9964-41997385AD94.jpeg

MoCo 4:30 - 6:30 AM, out front.

Calm, clean, low water, with the wind to my back. Bluefish, bluefish, and some more bluefish. I should probably just stop using anything topwater at this point. Never gave the bug game a real shot but I’m intrigued and lots of helpful info in these threads so will be doing that tomorrow to spice things up.

DE28567F-7D7D-4BBC-BC6D-5C375EC7F1E0.jpeg.5349f235be97f5079a915e64223fcb47.jpeg

Was out yesterday evening and looking at the water thought for sure there had to be fish around.  Rolling surf along with some nice rips but couldn't raise a bump on the swimmer or the bugs.  This morning moved a bit further north still finding good looking conditions. This time found fish, but only two using the bugs.  Both were right at 25 inches.  Did have about 3 other pick ups without getting the hook.  One that I landed was of the chinless variety, so do I get extra points for that one?

DSCF3462.JPG

DSCF3464.JPG

34 mins ago, MC55 said:

Was out yesterday evening and looking at the water thought for sure there had to be fish around.  Rolling surf along with some nice rips but couldn't raise a bump on the swimmer or the bugs.  This morning moved a bit further north still finding good looking conditions. This time found fish, but only two using the bugs.  Both were right at 25 inches.  Did have about 3 other pick ups without getting the hook.  One that I landed was of the chinless variety, so do I get extra points for that one?

DSCF3462.JPG

DSCF3464.JPG

Let me help Nam with that one.  Chinless fish don't count. 

24 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Hey Nam why didn’t you tell me this earlier??!? I didn’t know we weren’t suppose to be fishing plugs?? 

This 30” fish took a 7 or 8” plug this morning. I don’t mean to boast but this is the 3rd keeper sized fish on a plug in the last 2 weeks.

894D23F4-7541-4068-B344-3A3C85B6BE9B.jpeg.60f558598f13991aeecff57644017aef.jpeg

83A5F4D9-75B0-476A-BA2C-E15E56384AAF.jpeg.8150ebc75128804cb6affc166e764f1a.jpeg

@DeeMonee maybe you can help me with my photography skills... I really do feel that the pics never really do the fish justice ... 

Who cares what you caught it on.  It's too big for this thread.  

1 hour ago, Mr.Belmar said:

@DeeMonee maybe you can help me with my photography skills... I really do feel that the pics never really do the fish justice ... 

Shoot, you don’t need my help. Nice fish!

I know you have done this before.....but could you please show your "bug" rig and/or describe how you do the bug rig......appreciate it.......thank you and continued success.......

Fished central moco out front at high tide this pm about 3 hrs and got the big skunk ..two other  guys using mullet and they also caught the big skunk....

10 hours ago, fishless said:

I'll take the flea rig one step further.  I like the look of a super goog and put a large bobber on above my fleas.  It serves a couple of purposes. 

1.  I enjoy the looks I get when ppl see me bobber fishing in the surf.  Keeps other fisherman away from me.  #winning

2.  I enjoy the feel of being a kid again when that bobber gets ripped under the surface.

3.  The wind plus current will carry it about. 

Works for me whenever I feel inclined to fish bass in the summer. 

Do you use those typical cheap bobbers or one of them fancy slip bobbers. I assume the former because the latter one is very sharpie-ish.  I use a casting egg but i think I need to downgrade for all the reasons you mentioned. Walmart here I come.

I have a massive 6 inch fluorescent yellow styrofoam bobber I use when I really want to flaunt my googanism. :shaky: