ChumSlickJon

June report thread

Rate this topic

277 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'll take the flea rig one step further.  I like the look of a super goog and put a large bobber on above my fleas.  It serves a couple of purposes. 

1.  I enjoy the looks I get when ppl see me bobber fishing in the surf.  Keeps other fisherman away from me.  #winning

2.  I enjoy the feel of being a kid again when that bobber gets ripped under the surface.

3.  The wind plus current will carry it about. 

Works for me whenever I feel inclined to fish bass in the summer. 

Edited by fishless

7 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Hit MoCO for the outgoing 1130-200am hit about 6 rock piles, only 1 produced a consistent bite. 6 bass, between 25-29 inches on a black sluggo with a jig head, they had some fight in them tonight and all a beautiful light sand color.

Only have a couple of outings left in me before I move to South Carolina(July 15th), I'm not feeling too good about it, going to miss this. 

Not sure where you are moving to in SC, but the Savannah river has some really nice catfish and striper fishing. Best wishes on the move.

This am. tried the mole crabs again but no luck. Fished at a lower tide and it was a little harder to find em. Nobody else fishing that I could see.

Out front in OC this morning from middle to slack of outgoing tide from 4:45-7:00.  Northwest breeze which was nice. Water was clean but the wind didn’t lay it down too much.  Tried an Ava, white paddle tail, and chicken scratch SP.  Only landed one smaller bass on the teaser at the lip.

Yesterday fished from 11a-2p in OC out front during top of incoming.  Used the Ava and landed 3 descent blues.  Others were catching blues in the same area I was.  

FBA8962F-0A64-42B7-9964-41997385AD94.jpeg

MoCo 4:30 - 6:30 AM, out front.

Calm, clean, low water, with the wind to my back. Bluefish, bluefish, and some more bluefish. I should probably just stop using anything topwater at this point. Never gave the bug game a real shot but I’m intrigued and lots of helpful info in these threads so will be doing that tomorrow to spice things up.

DE28567F-7D7D-4BBC-BC6D-5C375EC7F1E0.jpeg.5349f235be97f5079a915e64223fcb47.jpeg

9 hours ago, SnoozeFishing said:

Hit MoCO for the outgoing 1130-200am hit about 6 rock piles, only 1 produced a consistent bite. 6 bass, between 25-29 inches on a black sluggo with a jig head, they had some fight in them tonight and all a beautiful light sand color.

Only have a couple of outings left in me before I move to South Carolina(July 15th), I'm not feeling too good about it, going to miss this. 

I made the move 40 years ago, and yes, you are going to miss what you have. My stomping grounds way back when were The Raritan Bay and from Sandy Hook to Island Beach with most of my emphasis on The Hook after dark. There are stripers in all of the rivers here, and most all the lakes, but you won't find them out front. They come down to the brackish water in the winter months and some big fish can then be found in the Ace Basin. Where will you be located? My wife and me are in Florence. By the way I have been making the spring/fall run to NJ for about 40 years now. I plan to be walking the trails to the Bug Light as well as the "new" rip this fall to celebrate my 80th birthday.  

Was out yesterday evening and looking at the water thought for sure there had to be fish around.  Rolling surf along with some nice rips but couldn't raise a bump on the swimmer or the bugs.  This morning moved a bit further north still finding good looking conditions. This time found fish, but only two using the bugs.  Both were right at 25 inches.  Did have about 3 other pick ups without getting the hook.  One that I landed was of the chinless variety, so do I get extra points for that one?

DSCF3462.JPG

DSCF3464.JPG