ChumSlickJon

June report thread

Rate this topic

527 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, STVK said:

We used to go out to the hook but like to change it up.

If u haven’t gone yet be careful with kids steep drop off from NE wind. Also I think really some serious loss of beach in spots.

also took dog down there and greeted with no dogs $5000 fine sign. Took the chance and no fines but there was a CO on a quad buzzing around. Looked good but stiff wind made it difficult to control anything but metal which I prefer not to throw. Nada

Hit south Jersey for a few hours this afternoon right after low tide. Got a few small weakfish and one small fluke. Saw a few keeper weaks caught and a 20+ inch fluke by the two other guys at the same spot. 

My chicly never lets me down

Moco in back. they are still biting 

Edit:

they shut down after an hour or so.

Fun night

Eeeeels

B2256F1C-72C8-47F3-9376-C1D1AD187986.jpeg

Edited by Eeeeels

Northern OC in the surf 9:30 pm for two hours. 

Nothing for me. 

High tide working the troughs between the bar. Metal lips, swimmers, needles, bucktails and bottle plugs. Not a tap. 

Moco Outfront Incoming 5P-7P. ESE wind. Rough conditions with sand movement.  Caught my best beach fluke under these conditions back in the day. No luck on the flukesaruus last night, but this large blackie and several others jumped all over a 3/0 hook with two sand bugs on the low rig of a high/ low set up. Still swimming.

64514278435__EC6CE28A-9F57-4045-B36D-0020162B61D9.HEIC

Out front Central OC today, 4:45 am - 8 am or so, almost all of incoming.  Nice rough conditions, medium NE wind, pretty deep water for low tide, not a bite, again.  Plugged everything and also had salted clams soaking the whole time.

Outfront in moco last night for the outgoing tide from 11:30 To 2:30am.  Northeast wind with a north to south sweep. Decent chop with some white water but cabbage wasn't an issue.  Like others have said, the water definitly feels warmer.  It was overcast, but not nearly as dark as I thought It would be.

Caught 24" striper on a magdarter and a 20" blue on a wooden darter.  Dropped another in the lip on a sp minnow that felt decent.

11 hours ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Can you spot the Sandy Hook Lighthouse in this 1920 pic....

plane.1.jpg

Just under the upper wing, just left of the center of the wing?

Last couple of days were skunky tough for me. Great looking juicy water just lots of trash and weed. This AM MoCo after sunrise 2 hr, middle of incoming, cleaner water and calmer surf. Plenty of white juicy warmer water and a bit stained still. Light NE wind that picked up a little. Ended up going 5 for 6, 4 on bugs. Broke off another good fish. I had a head shot that just missed the eye and the last one took the sand eel. Back for the dusk bite

E60D406A-96A1-460A-9F6E-C41F2DD0A7B3.jpeg

8AEB403A-4EB9-4E42-A650-20A7E94C3B6D.jpeg

MoCo back yesterday afternoon happy hour cocktail blue party’s the tide flip. Last night 7 to 10 out front fishy looking water, stained but fishable. A few blues afternoon trip and skunk on evening trip.

Out front, MoCo, from 7 to 8:45 am. Unlike where @DeeMonee  fished I was casting into the equivalent of the Dead Sea. Light NE wind that was stiffening as I left. Little to no cabbage and great looking water. Just fished plugs. Not a tap at several locations. Interestingly only saw 1 other guy out and he only landed a dogfish on clams.