ChumSlickJon

June report thread

Rate this topic

278 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Post your rats here.  Follow the rulez.  

:beers:  

Report as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader but please don't post specific street names or areas.

A specific spot is too much information!
It's not like telling a friend or two, posting it here is telling thousands. Doing so only creates crowds, garbage, and loss of our spots.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in separate threads.

For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The terms to use are...….

Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other backwaters.

County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Edited by Sudsy

Posted (edited) · Report post

Quick trip to two spots this afternoon. 

RB, looked fishy but nothing. 

Outfront Moco, 1 big blue. 2 drops. Saw pods of bunker being harassed but couldn't get anything to bite.

Edited by Jcb3030

Took the yak out again and found insane amount of bunker everywhere in the big open water. The big blues seemed to have went somewhere else as well as the stripers. I wasn't gonna wrangle around the boat fleet in big water as I seen them pretty stacked out there. My son and I limited on Fluke and we caught  some fresh bunker for the surf when hanging at the beach with the family next few days. Even dogfish is fun with the kids so whatever bites it doesn't matter. Water temp was at 61 pretty much the entire incoming. Lots of grass shrimp being coughed up by the fluke and "weakies" to note.

2 hours ago, Jcb3030 said:

Quick trip to two spots this afternoon. 

RB, looked fishy but nothing. 

Outfront Moco, 1 big blue. 2 drops. Saw pods of bunker being harassed but couldn't get anything to bite.

How was the water quality? 

Out back today at the falling tide. Looked fishy, a bit of cabage but not bad. Several blowups. Some looked significant. Only had 2 blues to show for it. Just a bit bigger than cocktails. 

Had to work hard for em today. Bunch of stops, but found em eventually. 5-8lb? Bluefish wore me out.There were a couple stripers in the mix as well. Lost a monster fish that will haunt me for a while. Pink SP won. MOCO

8E13AF7D-FA97-4A1D-9B56-A1EBC2C4052C.jpeg

Had a nice evening fishing out back NoMoCo preacher had a N-I-C-E bass on topwater and we each had a hit but couldn't close the deal. A big shout to SOL member, also a fly rodder, @jerseystriper for his help today. Great sunset...

20210601_202812.jpg

OC- Made my first trip out on the Yak and it was a blast to get a quick limit of fluke and some cocktails in the mix, tried for some topwater bass at sunset but only had a swirl in the hour I fished for them. 

MoCo 11-330am- have the day off so I figured I would fish a little harder than normal. It took a while to find the fish but I finally did. Landed two on the fly last night for my first long rod bass of the season. Was having a lot of fun on gear, but now it’s time to transition back to the fly ~ 100% of the time.

11 hours ago, R.O.G said:

Had to work hard for em today. Bunch of stops, but found em eventually. 5-8lb? Bluefish wore me out.There were a couple stripers in the mix as well. Lost a monster fish that will haunt me for a while. Pink SP won. MOCO

8E13AF7D-FA97-4A1D-9B56-A1EBC2C4052C.jpeg

I took your suggestion and worked your spot after you moved on. They came back in force an hour before sunset...thanks for sharing!

19 mins ago, CKjeep84 said:

Out in OC chased down some bunker some blues were on them. Had two on bout 20 inches before they were out of casting range. My nephew got his first striper on clam. 

20210601_182931.jpg

Great pic.  Congrats to your nephew. 

Late report from last night. MoCo out back after dusk 40 min., end of outgoing, light S wind. Stench is a lot better, thick thick happy bunker. Snagged almost a dozen on the teaser but nada.

MoCo sunrise 1 hr this AM. Little to no wind, end of outgoing, ocean flat, water clean but still stained. Lots of life; dolphin outside the bar, bunker just yards off the surf, small bait in the wash and birds working. Blues blues blues and shad....Weird seeing an Osprey fly right by the bunker a bunch of times without an attempt. I wonder if it sensed/saw predatory fish and stayed away.