NewAtIt

NJ Closes 6 WMA’s Due to Illegal Use

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Sorry if this was reported previously- I did a search and nothing came up. 

6 WMA’s have been closed for the summer because of illegal activity. 

Google search “ NJ closes WMA. 

1943870A-4F86-4275-9C3F-9CEFA916A1F5.png

4 mins ago, ChumSlickJon said:

Greenwood forest, huh?  

How do you close a forest?  It looks open to me.  

NJ will figure out a way to close a forest - sad but true. 

“ The emergency closures include targeted areas located within Cedar Lake in Monroe Township (Gloucester County); two separate areas in Greenwood Forest in Lacey Township, Menantico Ponds in Millville, Wildcat Ridge in Rockaway Township, and the Winslow Wildlife Management Area.”

All because people were swimming ???? Post a sign that states "No Swimming" problem solved. Why does this state think they have to protect Stupid People by Closing places down.  

Just now, wantofish said:

Why does this state think they have to protect Stupid People

that is there voter base

Never forget that the people who run the state of New Jersey are at their core anti-fishing, anti-hunting and anti-shooting.  Any excuse they can come up with to screw sportsmen the people who run this state will take.  Decided not to renew my freshwater fishing license.  Gotta get out of this state.

You don't punish everyone for the acts of others. If they violate the rules confiscate their toys and fine them. Remember murphy shut down the boat ramps just to show us who's boss. I go to lighthouse trails often and for many years and have yet to see a park ranger on the trails. If you watch these shows on discovery New Hampshire, Maine, Oregon and Texas they are aggressively enforcing the law. If they filmed in NJ they wouldn't see the sun. Not talking about F&G just the park rangers. 

IMG_1971.JPG

I thought mass dcr was bad, but i don't believe they've shut down entire wmas, just parts of some. Assinine. 

Posted (edited)

Next their will be higher and or admission fees....this is joisey....fire control ? 

Edited by Surf bomber

Posted (edited)

I know politics is for the political forums, but from what I read, at least partially, some parks were closed for political reasons as far as I can tell. Something about some sort of graffiti that supported a former president. The news article made it very clear and highlighted very prominently the fact that that graffiti was there.

Edited by JimK

On 6/1/2021 at 1:39 PM, mako capt said:

Never forget that the people who run the state of New Jersey are at their core anti-fishing, anti-hunting and anti-shooting.  Any excuse they can come up with to screw sportsmen the people who run this state will take.  Decided not to renew my freshwater fishing license.  Gotta get out of this state.

More loss of freedom. F these aholes that run this state.

On 6/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, wantofish said:

All because people were swimming ???? Post a sign that states "No Swimming" problem solved. Why does this state think they have to protect Stupid People by Closing places down.  

Maybe they should let stooopid people swim...weeds out some of them

On 6/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, wantofish said:

Having a hard time accepting that people that use the areas for legal purposes are being restricted because some use it for illegal purposes???? Why can't law enforcement do it's job!!! Enforce the law and penialize the offenders, not everyone!!! Your tax dollars at work supporting workers that refuse to work!!! and keeping you from enjoying area that exist because your taxes paid for them!!! That's Jersey!