coolhandfluke

talk to me about fire stick tv

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

so i now have 2 smart tvs .     if i get rid of my cable provider, do i keep them for internet only ?     do i get local channels and local sports channels so i can watch the local sports teams ?

i am in south jersey and now i have comcast.

Posted (edited) · Report post

sorry no help here. it's all about your priorities. how much money do you want to spend? what shows do you like. Do you watch much TV at all. on and on. Good Luck

Edited by jimmy1956
speeeling

Just now, jimmy1956 said:

sorry no help here. it's all about your priorities. how much money do you want to spend? what shows do you like. Do you watch mush TV at all. on and on. Good Luck

It's all mush TV ain't it?

I have my TV hooked to the web, I rent/buy movies but there is tons of free ones and shows, I don't watch sports or news so can't help you there

2 hours ago, coolhandfluke said:

so i now have 2 smart tvs .     if i get rid of my cable provider, do i keep them for internet only ?     do i get local channels and local sports channels so i can watch the local sports teams ?

i am in south jersey and now i have comcast.

Yes you’ll still need internet service.  Depends on the service you use, I have ATT Direct Now and stream everything by Roku stick.  You can buy different packages depending on what content you’d like.

It really depends on what you want.Sometimes the local channels are the toughest to get via streaming, but that's' changed in some areas I think. Some just rely on an antenna.  There are tons of other options- youtube TV, paid subscriptions for specific channels, plus the traditional streaming services- Amazon prime, Netflix, Hulu, etc are all offering and more content.  I have the amount I give to Comcast each month, but they do make the user experience super easy . I keep saying we will just keep them for internet, but havent' gotten around to setting up Ooma for my home IP phone and getting my wife bought in to dropping the local channels.   Figure out what you watch most and that will drive what you want to get.

Start with this:

step 1 - you have Bologna_tits

step 2 - re-read step 1

you’re welcome 

Posted (edited) · Report post

12 hours ago, ErikT said:

Start with this:

step 1 - you have Bologna_tits

step 2 - re-read step 1

you’re welcome 

dumb azz

you are welcome

Edited by coolhandfluke

Firestick is gonna connect to the innerwebs so you can access what it offers.  Which is mostly subscription streaming services.  Some folks opt to crack it and install apps that allow you to watch movies and tv shows for free but think you'd have to use the radio to listen to your local sports. 

First step:

Put up a good (Channel Master) antenna and see what you can get over the air.

Antenna web dot org is a good starting point.