richard homan

thru wire

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Yes. If you only need a couple, google "plug building supplies wire" and you can get some pre-looped ones. If you want a bunch or were going to use it for the one hook solution then look for .062 stainless TIG rod, can be found locally, on the bay, or the South American river website.

There's some threads on thru-wiring with great info in them from some experts, use the search box. Dave Anderson has a good vid on it if you wanted a visual.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:40 AM, sytheteacher said:

I have used old bicicle spokes to through wire a lure..

Me too!

0320F5C5-054D-4E93-9456-E3BF83803B0C.jpeg

Twisting a tail loop with a Bike spoke is next to impossible. TIG wire is the way to go. 

1 hour ago, XBMX said:

Twisting a tail loop with a Bike spoke is next to impossible. TIG wire is the way to go. 

You should know.

10 hours ago, XBMX said:

Some spokes twist very easy buy the one that you have a problem with all you have to do is anile it. Just heat the area to twisted cheery red and just let it cool and it will bend very easily... 

On 5/31/2021 at 7:41 AM, richard homan said:

Is 1/16 (.0625) stainless the most commonly used wire for thru wire lure construction and where do you purchase the wire. thanks Dick

I use net craft for my supplies

Posted (edited) · Report post

started making some resin plugs over the winter. this is what I used .0.047 Diameter. Got it from the big place online everybody orders everything from hint hint. Cost about 14 bucks. 2nd pic is one of the fish caught on one of my resin mag darters.

mailn 47.jpg

4-10 my mag.jpg

Edited by genu