Dylanimpellizzeri

Favorite leader material

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

What’s your go to leader? I have used red label seaguar for years but have recently been using Vanish just on availability and I really like it but it’s a little hard to tie knots IMO 

Whatever mono is on hand, I'm not picky or brand loyal. I carry 25, 40, 50, 60, and 90 to cover all the bases.

1 hour ago, Dylanimpellizzeri said:

What’s your go to leader? I have used red label seaguar for years but have recently been using Vanish just on availability and I really like it but it’s a little hard to tie knots IMO 

I used to use the Vanish a lot, then everyone said it was garbage, so I kept using it but added Ande, TrikFish and Triplefish. Lately I've been using Daiwa J-Flouro and I like it. It's a lot less money than the Seaguar and it ties well. Good abrasion resistance too. It comes in 50yd spools too, which is nice. I think I paid $22 for 50yds of 60#/80# and $18 for 50yds of 40/50#. Still have some Vanish left which I go through, but I'm happy with the J-Flouro. Good value and good leader.

Personally I like pink Yozuri Fluorocarbon for daytime fishing & @ night, Big Game clear mono. 

(mono casts a shadow and if fishing during the daylight and if dealing with fairly clear water, Fluorocarbon has a Refraction Index much closer to water than mono does = more hookups)

Posted (edited) · Report post

I had been using yozuri hybrid for years and recently got a spool of jinkai and love the stuff.  Turns over nicely and has thinner diameter for its breaking strength.  Nice stuff.  Otherwise suffix tritanium is great too, lefty apparently swore by the stuff for his tapered leaders, I'm sure it would do well as a conventional leader as well.

Edited by DeepBlue85