jerseystriper

Monmouth Beach mimics Deal

Rate this topic

75 posts in this topic

Was bored-took a ride to beach to look at waves and aftermath of current storm-Well MB has put up a lot of no parking signs near and around the public access areas by big monmouth- the cultural center now has paid parking, I dont know how much but they did put in porta johns- enjoyed going to beach after dinner to fluke fish or surf, but once again a beach town is making it hard to enjoy the "public" access. 

On 5/30/2021 at 5:10 PM, jerseystriper said:

Was bored-took a ride to beach to look at waves and aftermath of current storm-Well MB has put up a lot of no parking signs near and around the public access areas by big monmouth- the cultural center now has paid parking, I dont know how much but they did put in porta johns- enjoyed going to beach after dinner to fluke fish or surf, but once again a beach town is making it hard to enjoy the "public" access. 

I was just there yesterday. I didnt even think to look.  

they always had portajohns as long as i could remember.  

No one knows right now exactly what the new parking rules will be. There is a rumor that it will be 24 hours a day which would eliminate summertime fishing.

Nice to see what happens to Green Acres Fund purchased property years later, huh?

4 mins ago, Octopotamus said:

No one knows right now exactly what the new parking rules will be. There is a rumor that it will be 24 hours a day which would eliminate summertime fishing.

Nice to see what happens to Green Acres Fund purchased property years later, huh?

What is going on here.  Did they also put signs up in TWs

Posted (edited) · Report post

Welcome to joisey.....any time you have folks from out of state contaminating the place ,there's money to be made and the residents will pay....it does help to keep the trash out.....bu bu butt butt where is that free beech ...not to swim but just to enjoy the envirement.....usually a half mi l e away from the parking .....sea girt comes to mind....those pretty people are a little tight in the a s s when you fish on THEIR BEECH LOL LOL LOL any on that dog beech at spring lake and Belmar border....those mongrels will p e e on your chair....lol lol lol it's so bad they p u two cops on the beech for Sat and sun....lol lol lol oooh those locals and their beech bu butt butt whose tax money goes to beech replenishment..... Lol lol lol 

Edited by Surf bomber

1 hour ago, Goldy said:

Attn: @Sudsy

On it

Working a contact with the town right now to see what's up

The signs on the side streets are only on one side of the road and only from Memorial Day to Labor day. Nothing new there, that's been the same for as long as anyone can remember.

The paid parking at the cultural center is something new. I'm confident we can take care of that pretty quickly.

Will make some calls tomorrow.

The paid parking at CS is new but signage is terrible-1 temp sign on some  towed trailer that looks more like a police speed sign check- easily missed-If MB wants to recoup some of the money for extra services/security during summer it’s not unreasonable.

as far as streets go, I saw no parking on both sides of beach rd- cottage  and central- the first sign on north side of cottege had no actually sign ,pole was there, no sign,but further up there was a sign. When I drove by central on ocean ave I saw NP signs for that street- I did not bother driving down street to further investigate both sides. with summer traffic it’s not unreasonable to close one side of a street to parking, particularly beach but both sides seems a bit much.