Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. June 1 - June 8

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2021 at 4:29 AM, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

Fished hard pretty much all weekend (one of my last weekends before the move)- Friday consisted of me fishing a well known public access for 4-1/2 hrs to come back to my vehicle to find that my new gen Shimano Stradic 5000 had been ripped from its rod out of my locked rack.  M7"ananged to pluck a handful of healthy schoolies and lower slots from the whit water with bucktails.  

Sat.- Fished from the CC out of Goat Island Marina and with the cold stiff S-SSW winds and chop in the harbor managed a handful of short fluke.

Sun- Managed a few schoolies, made a location change to an E. facing boulder field and watched a 30lb class fish blow up on my 7" white cotton Cordell pencil (missed, never came back).  All in all was a good yet disappointing weekend.

**If you steal fishing gear, or steal in general its a true reveal to ones self standards.  Just because someone has nice gear, gives you the right to assume they can easily afford to replace it.  Broke my heart to come back to my car to see a 4' section of braid connected to the 3' section of leader still strung through my inshore rod that had a cross threaded locking nut from prying the reel from the reel seat...Even the Gansett PD K9 officer that ironically happened to cruise by said the only reason he happened to be patrolling down this area was because of the recent complaints and reports of "questionable individuals" frequenting the area as of recent....This is sad to hear/see; especially as it used to be a spot I would / could feel comfortable enough leaving a vehicle unlocked without worry. Sad how stereotypes and demographics of individuals continue to make a name for themselves. 

-Chris C.

sorry to hear. Kind of makes you want to set the scene and wait for them. 

17 hours ago, foxfai said:

Mating?

They only mate / rut in fresh water. Saltwater / high salinity blows up a zygote through osmosis. Probably bugs / krill or crabs… or worms.

2 hours ago, turkaholic said:

The Jersey invasion, no parking on Block. Wow. 

Wow is right.  Been shut out of parking out there by sun worshippers but never other fishing competition.  

4 hours ago, DZ said:

Wow is right.  Been shut out of parking out there by sun worshippers but never other fishing competition.  

unbelievable the past few days. Was on a relatively unpopular point and had 6-7 guys casting behind me from shore with lights on

30 mins ago, Meicoff said:

unbelievable the past few days. Was on a relatively unpopular point and had 6-7 guys casting behind me from shore with lights on

Some crews just like to fish together but it sure does crowd out a location.  Been a long time since I’ve seen it on Block.  Back  in the glory days it would happen quite a bit.  

I use to do the new moon on Block in the early 2000's and you only ran into a few guys. Most of the time you knew who they were. The last 2 times I've gone on the moon I couldn't believe the amount of guys fishing. All New York/New Jersey plates. You turn around and there would be 6 guys marching to the next point. It got to the point where you had to stay at 1 spot and wait out the tide for the night because of so many people. 

3 hours ago, Meicoff said:

That’s typical Jersey/New Yawker porkfrogging at its finest. 

Edited by rbart