Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. June 1 - June 8

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

26 mins ago, SouthCoastSurfFishermen said:

**If you steal fishing gear, or steal in general its a true reveal to ones self standards.  Just because someone has nice gear, gives you the right to assume they can easily afford to replace it.  Broke my heart to come back to my car to see a 4' section of braid connected to the 3' section of leader still strung through my inshore rod that had a cross threaded locking nut from prying the reel from the reel seat

Awful. 

Theives are human garbarge.

Haven't had gear stolen yet, knock wood, but back in the day I was B&E'd and robbed. Took awhile for the rage to ease off that one.

You're right on about the character of those who steal. Especially those who rip a reel--just because they want it. Not some junkie looking to sell to support a habit. But a true scumbag, who sees something they don't have and wants it now so they steal it.

Lowest of the low.

Crazy stuff. Last year I got to a popular south side spot, there was 2 vehicles at the spot. I noticed in a rush to get fishing the guy left his truck door open and no one was around. Keys on the seat. I just closed the door and left it unlocked. Truck would have been stripped in most places. Got to love Block for that !

4 hours ago, rst3 said:

I don't use teasers enough. Need to change that.

What do you have your best results with, flies or redgills? 

Black red gils hands down 

3 hours ago, BadMojo said:

Found some decent size bass in the bay..  if you can get away from all the bluefish

9A4163BF-4EBF-4ECB-90F9-11071FC2FD52.png

What was the size average for those pesky Blues?

1 hour ago, KironaFly said:

What was the size average for those pesky Blues?

Size Depended on proximity to bunker pods.. closer to the pogies there were some double digit monsters... in the shallows mostly 2-4 lbs 

3 hours ago, BadMojo said:

Weakfish bite Still strong as well

B17129F0-F867-49EE-8A7B-A7D6E65CB2A1.png

Boy has this not been the case for me. Size is way down and much more scattered. At least the crowds are gone from the well publicized spots. 

Fished last night in one of the saltponds fish were feeding on top, no worms were seen but the fish sure acted like they were looking for worms, had numerous boils on the fly but no takers, lots of fish around until the incoming tide stopped. Then it went dead lots of floating weed.

1 hour ago, Quonnie said:

Fished last night in one of the saltponds fish were feeding on top, no worms were seen but the fish sure acted like they were looking for worms, had numerous boils on the fly but no takers, lots of fish around until the incoming tide stopped. Then it went dead lots of floating weed.

Mating?