Big tree

Star Rods

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Like to share a customer service experience. Late 90s I won a Star Rod, it was a dust collector until 3 years ago. First time I took it out, I caught a small LB bass , reeling in, the rod separated at the reel seat. ( maybe that’s why I won it ) Checked out their warranty & thought I’d give it a shot. Made contact, sent it UPS . Star said it would be about 6 weeks for return. 6 Weeks later , Star said they never received it ? UPS said the rod was damaged when they got it , no s**t. Argued with UPS for 2 weeks, telling them I sent a damaged rod in for repairs . They trashed it. Not covered by insurance. Told my story to Star .  She said they would sell me any rod I wanted 1/2 price. A few calls later, I asked if I could get more then 1 rod, sure , no problem. I got a 7’ VPR & a 9’ VPR . Next winter, a on line tackle outfitter had a sale on Star Rods , I got a 10’6” VPR with a free Star reel. The 7’ is incredible accurate casting, the 9’ throws 3 oz 110 yds , the 10’6” , 130 yds. Just passing on info for a rainy day read.

Nice to know they seem like a good company. I have several rods that I really like. Just never had a reason to call their customer service. Guess that is a good thing. Thanks for sharing. 

I have a 7' Star Stellar Lite that has caught a ton of fish. The reel seat has separated from the rod and it rotates now. I know the rod has a lifetime warranty, I just haven't sent it back to them yet. Good rod, I should get it fixed.

I have a two piece stellar light. 7 foot rated to 1 1/2 oz.

I like it a lot.

Used for beach fluke mostly. 

Not at this time. I have a farm field behind my house, when they cut it in a few weeks , I can give it a shot . I do throw lighter stuff with the 9’. No complaints , they work for me.

1 hour ago, Big tree said:

Update, they cut the field. 2 oz bank sinker, 3 casts , 96 , 100, 104 yards. VPR VS1225S90 9’0” , 1-4 oz. lure

Thanks for the update!