Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goldy

Cape Cod Trip 2.0

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Last year was a major success staying at the red jacket in S Yarmouth... The kid loved it and an i'm not opposed to doing that again.  The ride to the canal was not the most ideal thing.

I know i'm late to the party, but it's time to book trip 2.0.   Covid is down and the prices are up.  Everyone provided great food recommendations and had a blast last year.

Is there any chance of staying near sandwich for the canal.  What's the best place to stay in that area?  

I was considering Red Jacket again, but maybe somewhere in Chatham...

Any advice would be great.. 

Im pretty sure Country Acres has closed, it was ok in my experience....

I have stayed at Sandwich Lodge, which has a pool, always a plus with kids. I like the section with  older motor court style rooms with the view of the powerplant and easy in and out with your gear.

I have also stayed at Sandwch Inn and Suites, and I liked the newly redone rooms set in a private location.

I would stay at either place again with no hesitations.  PM me if you want the list of places I had bad experiences at.

probably any place you can find a vacancy at this point, you may have to clean your room yourself, no workers etc , if you can believe the media

14 mins ago, capequahog said:

probably any place you can find a vacancy at this point, you may have to clean your room yourself, no workers etc , if you can believe the media

Also, especially during this environment, carefully consider occupying a room that previously housed who knows how many number of people.  

Thanks guys.  Not much love this year from the Mass forum. Wife is bugging me to stay at red jacket again.   I like that area.  We will see

you guys all sent me to some great food places up there. Excellent chowder

Not sure how much you're looking to spend, or what your requirements are for lodging accommodations given that you have kids.

Still plenty of rooms available for 2 adults/2 kids, if that's what your situation is. Can always drop 6 bills for a night at Chatham Bars...

I'm no local, but I'd think mid-Cape (Hyannis/WYarmouth/Dennisport) would have far more activities for the kids and the Mrs than Chatham, and/or Sandwich. 

As far as the Canal? Depending on where you're fishing, a drive from Sandwich prob 5-15 minutes. vs W.Yarmouth, 25-35..and Chatham, 45-50(during non-traffic hours)

35 mins ago, rst3 said:

Not sure how much you're looking to spend, or what your requirements are for lodging accommodations given that you have kids.

Still plenty of rooms available for 2 adults/2 kids, if that's what your situation is. Can always drop 6 bills for a night at Chatham Bars...

I'm no local, but I'd think mid-Cape (Hyannis/WYarmouth/Dennisport) would have far more activities for the kids and the Mrs than Chatham, and/or Sandwich. 

As far as the Canal? Depending on where you're fishing, a drive from Sandwich prob 5-15 minutes. vs W.Yarmouth, 25-35..and Chatham, 45-50(during non-traffic hours)

Yeah. You are correct.  We had lots of activities last year in yarmouth area.  We enjoyed ourselves.  The canal isnt a requirement.   

chatham house sounds nice

8 mins ago, Goldy said:

Yeah. You are correct.  We had lots of activities last year in yarmouth area.  We enjoyed ourselves.  The canal isnt a requirement.   

chatham house sounds nice

My experience, Yarmouth through Chatham is very nice area to explore. There are plenty of spots in Yarmouth to fish and you can also go to the creeks to crab with the kids. Those are bunch of fun. 

A few decent local motels on 6A in Sandwich, Barnstable and Yarmouth. Gives you quick access to the canal and to visit places like Plymouth or even Bahstan without driving forever. Contact Beach Realty and see if you can find a beach cottage, much better than a motel room. Or try VRBO.

Ok fellas.  Im all booked up. We decided to head back to red jacket in s yarmouth.   Very kid friendly.  Multiple pools for the kid and a nice place.  

i will be there the week of july 12th.  Im sure gonna visit all the great food spots i went to last time as well.  

i didnt make it to chatham last time but i plan too with family so any recommendations would be great. 

also, any fishing buddies in the area that wanna go fish pm me. Im game. I promise i will not cross your lines!

3 mins ago, harley48 said:

The Red Nun and Kreme N Kone are good picks in Chatham, also Mom and Pops Burgers

Mom and Pops :heart:

Just now, t_man7 said:

Mom and Pops :heart:

Best day of the week was sitting at Devils Purse swilling back pints waiting for their truck to show up

I don’t think they’re doing the truck this year which is a bummer. Sunny Side Down truck has been going and they have some banging food