rickhern

Boat Bass spinning blank suggestion

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Bought a boat and transitioning out of the surf. I have most bases covered but would like to put together 2 spinning rods for throwing plugs to 3 oz, metal lips, big soft plastics as well as snagging pogies. I am leaning toward 8' rods for the added distance and being able to stay a bit away from structure. I do have a few lami glb 108 2mh blanks that I could cut from the butt. These are rated 1 to 3 or 1 to 4 and are very fast. Anyone have any experience with these or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Rainshadow SW966/967 is my go to for bass fishing with lures.  We typically throw big sluggos, ron z's, or big shads in the 1.5 to 2.5oz range.  Also use these to target cobia in the summer. 

For 8 feet, look at the muskie rods. Throwing lures in that weight class is exactly what the musky guys do.

Rainshadow SWS70M will get you to 3oz pretty comfortably built as a 7ft spinning rod.

Rodgeeks Xcomp 733 would be in the asme ballpark.

The SWS70M is a little lighter by comparison. 

rodgeeks xc732. just had fish on top water with the xc731, had no problem handling the fish but  i am building 732 to throw larger plugs better maybe even a 733. my reel was malfunctioning and the drag keep tightening as it was pulled. this fish came in with the drag locked, rod handled it fine. these blanks are very strong.

24479.jpeg

Batson SW967 is awesome. I have a few of the 2 pc and they are great plug rods

They do have a new swimbait series 966 & 968 that are 7ft 10. I think the 966 would be a killer boat spin rod for plugs, eels or chunks.