bob_G

Secret fight club on White Horse Beach Plymouth

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

Saw it on the evening news last night. :box:.  Two dudes on the beach, wearing boxing gloves,, slugging it out,, in front of about a hundred onlookers.  Reminds me of the canal back in the day.

This seems like a natural for Bell Rd, where anything goes.

Even though it is next door to a nuclear power plant Whitehorse is a great beach. Knuckleheads like those two drive up the price tags for living on the adjacent streets.  Residents must purchase a sticker and because of this incident a debate has begun to examine towing cars.

I understand they charge a fee to watch ? any truth to that. If that is the case it sounds like the boxing club fights held in another  time where the fights got real nasty , no rules, just a lot of blood. Peace and Prayers

They start out with impromptu boxing matches, then some REAL genius/idiot will suggest "What if you do it WITHOUT the gloves?" (they will specifically say "you" and not "we")

3 hours ago, ged said:

I would love boxing for preferred rocks at the canal. :box:

You can go down there any weekend and watch that for free. :bonk:

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

You can go down there any weekend and watch that for free. :bonk:

I have never once seen a punch thrown. I have seen some trash talk, but never even a punch. 

Over my 57 year fishing  career  I've seen punches thrown three times, and all three times was on Bell Rd. Where else.

6 hours ago, Angler #1 said:

I understand they charge a fee to watch ? any truth to that. If that is the case it sounds like the boxing club fights held in another  time where the fights got real nasty , no rules, just a lot of blood. Peace and Prayers

Do you still have your gloves A1?