fishless

Gold VS

Rate this topic

71 posts in this topic

I'm seeing gold VS reels going up for sale in the $1000 on up price range.  Did something happen that blew the market for these off the radar?  What am I missing here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question. Maybe theyre now using 24k gold plating? Shortage of reels? Noticing a lot of reels that used to be available currently are not. And lastly...inflation of the price due to newfound wealth thanks to all the stimmy money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe folks like to put them in a glass box or hang them up their wall and stare at them. Thank god I have a black one, which catches more fish anyway when I'm fishing next to someone in gold. :rav:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 mins ago, adoboboy said:

Maybe folks like to put them in a glass box or hang them up their wall and stare at them. Thank god I have a black one, which catches more fish anyway when I'm fishing next to someone in gold. :rav:

I saw a grand offered for one and the seller said no.  :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 mins ago, fishless said:

I saw a grand offered for one and the seller said no.  :laugh:

It's basic economics at this point, supply and demand.  Zero supply Chain and lots of demand... People get jazzed up about gold, and didn't you know it makes you catch more fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 mins ago, Goldy said:

It's basic economics at this point, supply and demand.  Zero supply Chain and lots of demand... People get jazzed up about gold, and didn't you know it makes you catch more fish

Cant be too much demand, they're not selling from what I see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what cracks me up - this thread was recently closed in the BST Forum after the offer of $1000 was rejected:

 

VS150L Gold (right hand retrieve for lefties)

I’ve had this reel for a number of years as a collectors piece. I am a righty so I cannot use this reel, and would rather see it being used by someone.

American made, excellent condition with some very minor marks. Deep gold color that matches the deep gold power knob.

comes with gold power knob, original knob, box, bag, and paperwork.

$1600 picked up on Long Island, NY (Nassau County) not looking to ship at this time.

 

Nothing like wanting to see the gear you're not using go to someone who will, but looking to get $1,600 for it LOL - pretty magnanimous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishless said:

I saw a grand offered for one and the seller said no.  :laugh:

Yeah saw that too...crazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 mins ago, daves745t said:

Here's what cracks me up - this thread was recently closed in the BST Forum after the offer of $1000 was rejected:

 

VS150L Gold (right hand retrieve for lefties)

I’ve had this reel for a number of years as a collectors piece. I am a righty so I cannot use this reel, and would rather see it being used by someone.

American made, excellent condition with some very minor marks. Deep gold color that matches the deep gold power knob.

comes with gold power knob, original knob, box, bag, and paperwork.

$1600 picked up on Long Island, NY (Nassau County) not looking to ship at this time.

 

Nothing like wanting to see the gear you're not using go to someone who will, but looking to get $1,600 for it LOL - pretty magnanimous...

Lol on the superlative used. Insane, must be the crypto craze. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, fishless said:

I saw a grand offered for one and the seller said no.  :laugh:

Thats insane. Not sure where you saw that but Ebay used to be a good place to score an ok deal. Since the pandemic Ive noticed a ton of price gouging there. Cant wait till this is over...not only will prices come down to earth but at some point Im expecting a ton of gear (yaks) to flood the market and I'm expecting to find some great deals. A gold VS is not on the list :laugh:

Edited by adams54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fishless said:

I'm seeing gold VS reels going up for sale in the $1000 on up price range.  Did something happen that blew the market for these off the radar?  What am I missing here?

I was told by a tackle shop owner years ago the gold reels are saltwater reels . . . black and silver are for freshwater.  I kid you not :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 mins ago, adams54 said:

Thats insane. Not sure where you saw that but Ebay used to be a good place to score an ok deal. Since the pandemic Ive noticed a ton of price gouging there. Cant wait till this is over...not only will prices come down to earth but at some point Im expecting a ton of gear (yaks) to flood the market and I'm expecting to find some great deals. A gold VS is not on the list :laugh:

It was actually right here on this site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, cartopper said:

I was told by a tackle shop owner years ago the gold reels are saltwater reels . . . black and silver are for freshwater.  I kid you not :shrug:

I thought everybody knew that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.