Jim Hawkins

Wheeleez tires

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I have a beach cart that I want to put these wheels on. Does anyone here have experience with them. Are they durable ,do they last and do they perform as advertised in soft beach sand? Thanks 

I have used them for about 5 years and love them. They do make soft sand easier. I did have to replace one that had a slow leak when I bought it but the company was pretty good about replacing it. The only downside is I have to take a small air pump (to fill them if needed) since normal air pumps don't go that low in pressure. I haven't had to use it since that first time. 

They seem to be the best option and the tires most recommended by the guys that need to drag beach kayaks. I had a set for the Hobie outback yak I had for a year or two. Worked just fine. 

6 hours ago, Jim Hawkins said:

I have a beach cart that I want to put these wheels on. Does anyone here have experience with them. Are they durable ,do they last and do they perform as advertised in soft beach sand? Thanks 

Yes.  Do not skimp on size.  Depending on your cart I would get the largest size wheel that you can.  The small ones labor with a heavy payload.

They work great but like DaveC said get the biggest ones that will fit. I got mine way cheaper by buying direct they had a sale going on. Check the website before you buy! I picked up a bike pump and pressure gauge on Az was cheaper. If you do get a hole you can fix with a soldiering gun other competition tires you can’t. Don’t over fill them!! Well worth the extra cash for them.

I have my original wheels on a cart I made years ago. I have the 30cm. These wheels are durable. Asphalt, Concrete, soft sand it does it all. 

Great wheels, best to have a outside carrier on a trailer hitch cuz' with a cart they are massive. Only things that roll on a beach easily. Wheelchair bound folks use them in the surf attached to a nylon chair, gives them access and the ability to enjoy the surf.

I sold a cart I had and have always regretted letting it go, issue was I never used it and haven't needed it since, about 4 years ago. I'm not a sit and wait operator and I can drive on the beach so it has little appeal for me.

If you do get a cart, you'll never be sorry you bought the wheels, expensive but well made and worthy.