Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Doldrums Got Ya Down? Go Fish NY East End.

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Sounds like warm water temps are driving all of ya nuts. Wanna tangle with a LARGE? Consistently?

One of my favorite charter captains is Bob Rocchetta outta Orient Point, NY. Yeah, the same Bob Rocchetta who is an IGFA record holder (76 lb. striped bass).

One of the best friggin' charter captains for larger striped bass.

That's like 3-3.5 hours from most points outta central Jersey.

CA, Surfpirate, and a number of other NJ SOLer's thave fished with him.

Bob's number is (631) 765-4314.

Sorry don't have any pictures to post...I don't have a scanner or digital camera yet. CA can you post a few?

-FWW

Highly recommend him, he's got game and is a heluva character. we were out like 3 weeks ago and it was pretty much stupid fishing for over 3 hours. Bring a sense of humor and you will have the best summer striper fishing experience you can handle!!!

I'll second that recommendation. Geez, fishweewee...is there ANY charter captain that I have featured on any of my videos that you HAVEN'T fished with yet...or are about to? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Bob is the real deal and he can teach you more about working live eels than just about anyone I know...at least from a boat.

Say hello for me if you see him.

Mike

there goes the best kept secret on Long Island.

Err... East? Where is that? rolleyes.gif

Hey Fishweewee... Now that you just blew one of my favorite fishing secrets... How about revealing where you live? devil.gif

"Crazy" Alberto

Everyone knows how good of a fisherman Bob Rochetta is, what few people do know about him is that he is one of a very few captians who have a fully handicapped capable boat. He is fully rigged to accomodate wheelchairs, etc... Its one thing to be a great charter Captain, its another to make an effort to reach out to those who might not be able to fish an ordinary boat.. I have a friend in a wheelchair who fished with Bob and my buddy raved about how professioanl Bob is and how many fish they caught. It seemed like Bob knew when my pal needed help and when he could let him be, which is real important when dealing with handicapped fisherpeople... Good job Bob..

BC

Hey guys,

It just blows my mind how much of a NON-SECRET Captain Bob is.

*He IS after all featured (in great length) in Mike Laptew's "Secret of the Striper Pros" video.

*He makes appearances at the Suffern (NY) Outdoor show every year.

*He's an IGFA record holder...76 lb. striped bass.

You guys got a weekday off? Getting steamed up about the doldrums?

Go EAST to colder water and swifter currents.

Check him out...he's definitely ONE OF A KIND.

-FWW