mako capt

How to reply when you're asked about your Vaccination status?

Rate this topic

155 posts in this topic

Happened to me for the first time on Friday and I was caught off guard.  Had a business appointment in a particularly left leaning town and when I arrived for the meeting the woman with whom I was meeting asked me strait off, "Are You Vaccinated?"  I was caught off guard and laughed at first and then said a giggling no.  The lady snapped back at me "Then you'll have to keep your mask on" noticeably perturbed.

Got me thinking, what are some good responses to use when confronted with this stupid question?

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, mako capt said:

Got me thinking, what are some good responses to use when confronted with this stupid question?

I don't think it's a stupid question.  I think the whole event is stupid and the cdc didn't make it any easier with their guidance.  The question is inevitable.

For me, depends who asks.  Despite my assertions in other threads, I won't lie if asked.  I'll either respond "none of your business" or "why?"  If pressed I'll assert none of your business or admit to not being vaccinated.

I'll also gladly take my business elsewhere and support businesses who are over this, like me.

Edited by Kings over Queens

"I'm sorry. You are not my Dr so no medical information will be forthcoming...drop dead".

Edited by Rickman

so it is some kind of macho or political statement to say no I am not vacinated.   I know someone who was an anti vaccine person (even bragged about it) and he died from covid a few weeks back.    Don't let politics influence logic and science.

3 mins ago, NavyVet said:

so it is some kind of macho or political statement to say no I am not vacinated.   I know someone who was an anti vaccine person (even bragged about it) and he died from covid a few weeks back.    Don't let politics influence logic and science.

That' funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny, esp coming from a lib and dealing w/ wuhan.

Edited by Rickman

1 hour ago, mako capt said:

Happened to me for the first time on Friday and I was caught off guard.  Had a business appointment in a particularly left leaning town and when I arrived for the meeting the woman with whom I was meeting asked me strait off, "Are You Vaccinated?"  I was caught off guard and laughed at first and then said a giggling no.  The lady snapped back at me "Then you'll have to keep your mask on" noticeably perturbed.

I’d recommend telling the truth and then exercising some personal responsibility for the consequence of your choice.

3 mins ago, NavyVet said:

It’s political. Clearly.

2 hours ago, mako capt said:

Ok.... if you’re try to win business, read the situation and give the answer that would most likely put you in a more favorable light.

Or

Very calmly and seriously ask her if she’s asking you to violate your HIPPA rights.