The Fence

Rate this topic

Chunkah

55 mins ago, Chunkah said:

They're ****ing Greeks!

Then bang her in the butt.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

2 mins ago, FEW3 said:

Pics would help us determine the best course of action. 

Of course.

Almost mandatory. 

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Chunkah said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. Our lot is elevated above theirs and the fence is down on their property,  and the fence that abuts my 95 year old neighbors property matches the one that abuts mine. Clearly their fence, but they are playing it like it's mine.

Then effem!

====Mako Mike====
Makomania Sportfishing
Pt. Judith, RI

3 hours ago, Chunkah said:

So moved into this place in 2013 and plan on staying here at least another 15 years, if not until The End. That said, I have a fence that divides my back yard and my neighbors. Well, it is starting to fail, and my neighbors have been asking me for the last few years to fix it. In typical Chunkah fashion, I have blown it off except for a few minor repairs. Had some time this week and decided to try to right 6 of the posts. Their leaning towards the neighbors yard and I figured they weren't cemented in place. So I took about an hour of time to produce some 4" wide x 3' long PT wedges that I thought I could just work into the ground on their side of the fence to level them, then just cut off the remainder figuring it would get me 5 more years before a full replacement was necessary. Turns out the posts are set in concrete, but those footings are loose and shifting, so a full removal and reset is in order. Anyway, spoke to my other bordering neighbor who is 95 and has been here since the dawn of time, and she tells.me the owners before my rear neighbors put the fence up. It is not my fence, and I bet they know it. So now what do I do? The wife in the house behind me is a live wire, a real piece of work, and her ire may not be good. I recently priced a major remodel for her, and she chose to go another route (FINE by me), but she did it all un-permitted and kinda gave me **** for being too expensive. What do I do? My inclination is to get pricing and tell them to split the cost with us, but part of me wants to tell them to handle it themselves. I have a recent plot plan to back me up in terms of property lines, but at the same time do.I want the lasting bull**** that will come from it? They were also good enough not to put up a stink when we needed a variance a few years ago to expand our kitchen and add a 2 story addition....what say you?

I am disappointed to hear that you are not a jewel thief. 

Does the fence serve you a needed purpose, pet containment, swimming  pool access, privacy,  etc. ? If I didn't require the fence, I'd show the neighbor the survey and let them suggest the next move.

:v:

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

40 mins ago, gadwall8 said:

Does the fence serve you a needed purpose, pet containment, swimming  pool access, privacy,  etc. ? If I didn't require the fence, I'd show the neighbor the survey and let them suggest the next move.

:v:

The fence helps us both as we each have in ground pools as well as pets.