Cerealkilla43

1pc or 2pc surf rod?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

All of my surf rods are 2pc and I've never used a 1pc for surf fishing. Thinking of picking up a 11' lamiglas GSB 1pc. Other than the possibility of the 2pc coming apart mid cast/fight(never happened to me), is there any other noticable benefit to a 1pc? 

2 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

Sensitivity. Power. Everything is better. Can be a nuisance though

trying to transport a 1 pc , having it on the roof or sticking out of a window worrying that someone messing with it

34 mins ago, sandworm said:

trying to transport a 1 pc , having it on the roof or sticking out of a window worrying that someone messing with it

Nice to have a SUV that can fit a 11’ rod inside for security lol too many thieves these days stealing rods

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you live in a 3rd floor apartment, navigating an 11' one piece down a hallway will require some.... imagination

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg.0ec713388e2d295aa507097343aea751.jpg

Otherwise, everything is better with a one piece rod.

Edited by DEM Parking Lot

12 hours ago, Cerealkilla43 said:

All of my surf rods are 2pc and I've never used a 1pc for surf fishing. Thinking of picking up a 11' lamiglas GSB 1pc. Other than the possibility of the 2pc coming apart mid cast/fight(never happened to me), is there any other noticable benefit to a 1pc? 

With all there is to pick from these days and the now popular 70/30 split, I really see no reason to but a 1 piece unless you just wanted a specific custom setup that you just can't find on the shelf. 

Its not like it used to be. Technology has made many 2 piece rods comparable to one piece rods.   I've never been fishing my ODM Geneisis and thought to myself, "I wish this was a one piece rod".  

1.  Sometime in the future, or sometimes, your 2 pc rod becomes a one pc rod.

2.  In the opposite, I have been along side some quite experienced casters-- and would point out to them, and then ask them...Have you been fishing all night with the rod tip rotated 90 degrees? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, ARH1956 said:

Just to be clear; exactly how long is an 11' 1- piece rod when it's all broken down for transport?

what?

Edited by Stopsign32v

26 mins ago, sauerkraut said:

1.  Sometime in the future, or sometimes, your 2 pc rod becomes a one pc rod.

2.  In the opposite, I have been along side some quite experienced casters-- and would point out to them, and then ask them...Have you been fishing all night with the rod tip rotated 90 degrees? 

Lol