Highlander1

Bait and Tackle- Orleans to Race Pt.

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Goose Hummock is the only one I am familiar with, I believe the one in Eastham by the Ben and Jerrys is closed as well as Nelsons in P-Town. Anything else in that once legendary stretch? Even Wellfleet has nothing?

1 min ago, Highlander1 said:

Goose Hummock is the only one I am familiar with, I believe the one in Eastham by the Ben and Jerrys is closed as well as Nelsons in P-Town. Anything else in that once legendary stretch? Even Wellfleet has nothing?

Is this a discussion on the impact of the  striped bass fishery by the grey seal population?

2 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

That is Blackbeard's and they didn't close, they moved.  They are now located just south of the Four Points (Sheraton) hotel on Rt 6.  It's been a couple years since I have been in there, but the owner was always nice and helpful and it is (or at least was at the time) a small but well stocked shop.

3 hours ago, JEFFSOD said:

Blackbeard's by the camp ground in Eastham. Just sold I think about a year ago so new owner but still there.

He has a HELP WANTED sign too.If someone wants a job.Also,with the traffic increasing daily.If you are heading south on rte6 be advised to avoid waiting to take the left turn at the shop.Go to the lights at the Saltpond Center[Ntl. Seashore] and loop back to the shop.You're a "sitting duck" to be hit from behind on this dangerous road.

Lands end marine hardware store in Provincetown has a good selection of tackle and lures that work well out here now

savages, sebile, yozuri....

On 5/23/2021 at 8:03 AM, catatonic said:

Lands end marine hardware store in Provincetown has a good selection of tackle and lures that work well out here now

savages, sebile, yozuri....

used to get an umbrella rig every year there.

I miss Nelson’s.  I also remember a small shop out by Stop n Shop.  Might rent bikes now.

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Another one long gone....

I believe that was the  shop that was in the cutoff area off Rt.6 that has a General Store and some other small shops. LeCount Hollow Rd., P.J.'s Boulangiere Restaurant and Bakery on the corner of Rt. 6 and LeCount Hollow Could be Newcomb Hollow, my memory tells me LeCount but my memory is not what it once was. Black Ducks B & T been closed for years, more than 5.

Yes it was in that pulloff road. I think near Lecounts, but i havent been past eastham in many years.

18 hours ago, Aaron Barmmer said:

The boys need to open BASS RUN back up! 

I was speaking with the original owner last night about "those days".Especially at his age "it ain't happening":laugh: