Reed422

Ford Bronco

Rate this topic

279 posts in this topic

What are you guys thinking about this new car? I have seen a couple and they look pretty cool to me. Pricing isn't bad with them starting at 26 or 27k. Of course the one I'd really want would be mid 30s low 40s. We need a second car and giving this consideration, although I'll probably cheap out and go with a used lesburu. 

31 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

The only Broncos available right now are the Bronco Sport models. They are small. Basically a new version of the Ford Escape.

Yep, small.

We have one at work.

Looks like a giant roller skate. A lunchbox with wheels. Why not just be a total punter and look at the mustang truck while you’re at it, neither are suitable. 1.3 out of 5 stars 

I'm probably driving Tacos for life now. I still love my 15'. They're just unstoppable trucks. 

20 mins ago, Mokes said:

I'm probably driving Tacos for life now. I still love my 15'. They're just unstoppable trucks. 

Do they outrun the rust now?

5 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

Yes, when they replace the frames. Mine got replaced at 10 years old. Everything underneath is like new. I had new shocks installed when they did the frame and everything else was in great shape. My son-in-law's F150 is five years newer and the frame looks worse than my Taco frame looked. Say what you want about Tacoma frames, but I don't see other companies standing behind their vehicles like Toyota does. Ford ain't gonna touch that issue.

8 mins ago, slicedcornbread said:

Yes, when they replace the frames. Mine got replaced at 10 years old. Everything underneath is like new. I had new shocks installed when they did the frame and everything else was in great shape. My son-in-law's F150 is five years newer and the frame looks worse than my Taco frame looked. Say what you want about Tacoma frames, but I don't see other companies standing behind their vehicles like Toyota does. Ford ain't gonna touch that issue.

My F150 is an '11.  

I've never washed it and drive it on the beach all the time.  Yeah it's got rust.  But it's also got 10 year old sand from Cape Hatterass in it too.  

15 mins ago, woowoo2 said:

They did the undercoat on mine for free. Inside the frame too. I haven't had any issues in almost 6 years though. I love it. 

I considered going to a Tundra or a Silverado, but the Tundra sucks on gas and the cool Silverados are a ripoff. My brother has had issues with his, my Stepfather has had endless issues with his Sierra and my old Canyon completely **** the bed after 5 years. Engine imploded basically. 

I never worry about the Taco.