Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
foxfai

Bad luck and bad day....

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Just to say sometime things just doesn't go right and you just can't avoid it. 

Had the day off for a beautiful fishing day with a little bit of west wind. (maybe SW?) Half way getting to my spot I forgot my hat...... then got to my spot forgetting my tackle box in the car too! What the hell.... good thing my friend had some tackles to lend me. 

Then proceed to skunk on togging. Where the hell were they? No other fish to be found on bait. 

Went to my lure and got a couple of schoolies and that was it. Nothing else is going on with a beautiful day................

We got 1 keeper tog and a dozen small sea bass in BB, about 3 hrs this evening.  We did see 3 kayakers way out offshore with no lights on, well past dark.  Not the smartest idea.

At least u got out there. 

Weird day for me too. A lot of almosts.  Almost hit 2 deer on the way to work. Almost saw a bear on a bus route run (driver directly infront of me almost hit it, but I was looking at a intersection I was turning into).  But all in all. It was a good day.  

Now I can't sleep for a unknown reason and my 11year old can't either.  

6 hours ago, Teambeefmaster said:

We got 1 keeper tog and a dozen small sea bass in BB, about 3 hrs this evening.  We did see 3 kayakers way out offshore with no lights on, well past dark.  Not the smartest idea.

Im guessing they didnt want to be seen doing whatever they were doing. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, PSegnatelli said:

At least u got out there. 

Weird day for me too. A lot of almosts.  Almost hit 2 deer on the way to work. Almost saw a bear on a bus route run (driver directly infront of me almost hit it, but I was looking at a intersection I was turning into).  But all in all. It was a good day.  

Now I can't sleep for a unknown reason and my 11year old can't either.  

Funny you mention deer.... one ran in front of my car (not close) on my way to my fishing spot and also saw 2 turkey on the side.

An additional question - When stripers are around, do that effect other fish to hide from them? I am talking about togs, bigger seabass, scups etc.

I mean there is a certain size that they might not be scare of shoolies?

1 hour ago, foxfai said:

Funny you mention deer.... one ran in front of my car (not close) on my way to my fishing spot and also saw 2 turkey on the side.

I saw ALOT of animals yesterday. Also turkeys, snakes, a box turtle, and either a really big fox or a small yote.  One of the best perks of the bus (besides the kids)  I drive around the Litchfield Hills of CT.  Like a postcard every day. 

1 hour ago, foxfai said:

An additional question - When stripers are around, do that effect other fish to hide from them? I am talking about togs, bigger seabass, scups etc.

I mean there is a certain size that they might not be scare of shoolies?

All I can say is this.

One time my kids and I were on a jetty. They were catchin like mad! Scup, small bsb, cunners, etc.  I was tossing a tin.  They stopped catching all of a sudden and I hooked a really nice bass. 

I would be willing to say that a large (enough) bass will spook other fish, simply because they know it has the potential to eat them. Kind of like a genetic coding of sorts.

I see that in freshwater, where sunfish and perch will scatter when a predator comes close.

Even though the bass or pickerel couldn't possibly fit the sunfish in its mouth, the sun fish still react the same way...they scram.

I can't see saltwater fish being any different.

Great night for me yesterday. Got 6 stripers and a few whacks all on a 1/16 ounce jig. 5 on 8lb line the big fish 26 inch was on a braid with leader.