plinker

Assault on fisherman at Baker Beach. Be careful.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Reading my FB feed this mornng and see that a fellow surf fisherman was assualted at Baker Beach on Saturday morning. Looks like he received a couple of staples to close a scalp wound caused by a thrown rock. Yep, someone heaved a rock at his head and connected. 

Keep your eyes open and stay safe.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Sea Breeze said:

Is this true? Be careful to those going out to ocean beach baker beach.. plinker, Where is the FB story? 

I don't know if this link will work for you or not.

Edited by TimS
It won’t work, we don’t allow FB links here

He was from a crabbing FB group.  There was also a story on Ocean Beach at Sloat Blvd about another crab snare fisherman getting hit by a rock on the shoulder by someone in the parking lot from above while he was below on the shore.

So wasn't in a Manfort, that rules Double_D and Paladin out...yeah it happens, I don't wanna talk about it.

But on a lighter note, speaking of crazies, recently I was passing under a certain Hwy 101 bridge overpass tunnel on the way to fish a beach at 0500 and there was a stumbling guy walking toward me in the tunnel screaming "Is that you Peanut? Peeeeaaannnnutttt! Are you there, man!" I pointed my 10' rod at the guy and put my pliers, the only semi-weapon on me besides maybe the hooks on my plugs, in my right hand and responded "Nothing here but a Big Nut for ya! No Peanuts!!!" in a loud yell response. The echo of my voice in the freeway underpass took the guy by surprise and out of his drug and booze trance for a second and he stumbled back, almost fell and then proceeded to keep on walking by me mumbling still out for Peanut (guessing his dealer maybe) I watched him till he cleared my truck and kept going, but a reminder of how crazy people can be. The rock throwing off the cliffs is scary, my wife was victim of the Prunedale slingshot windshield breaker idiot, they finally caught the guy, but took over two months. Hope they get the idiots throwing rocks, otherwise might start wearing a bike helmet up north while you fish?