HopHead

Shingles....the VZV type

Rate this topic

100 posts in this topic

Buddy has it now.....no eye involvement yet luckily but forehead, lids and nose involved.  Says it's brutal.  He also had two weeks of covid misery last year that took him about 6 weeks to fully shake.  

I haven't gotten the vzv vax but I damn sure will now......97% risk reduction.

Does this vax have mind controlling nanobots and is shingles really just a hoax like covid?  Oh....and let's not forget masks.....do they work for shingles?  Can I get unemployment if I stay home and say I'm afraid of it?

I had them on my back,

itch like hell but it  hurt to touch them..

I wouldn't even wish them on Wayne....

I'm pretty sure all vaccines have nanobots...

Is the shingles vax a seasonal thing like the flu vax? Is there a shingles season like there is a flu season?

Primary doc told me to wait another year til I'm 55 to get it. Just turned 55. Do I get the vax now, or wait til fall when I get the next flu shot?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good friend had it last summer.  Lasted a number of weeks.  All over the left side of his head and face, including eyelids and nose.  He said it was the worst thing he's ever dealt with between the bumps, oozing, itching, etc.  He was vaccinated with shingrix

Also Doc- if you get it on your face, nobody will want you touching their mosquito bites looking like that.  

Edited by Heron25

Have not had them but cared for several that have, Lyrica can be a life saver for pain and chronic neuralgia after exacerbation.  Have even had a few kids with it.  

Going this week. Uncle had it bad. Guy at work had it very bad was out for months. Brother’s MIL had it around the eyes, seriously affected her vision. That **** is no joke and I’m out of comebacks so the vaccine it is

Was scheduled for my second shingles vac last week but had to cancel it due to an emergency dental problem. Does the first vaccine protect or do I need both?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, HopHead said:

Buddy has it now.....no eye involvement yet luckily but forehead, lids and nose involved.  Says it's brutal.  He also had two weeks of covid misery last year that took him about 6 weeks to fully shake.  

I haven't gotten the vzv vax but I damn sure will now......97% risk reduction.

Does this vax have mind controlling nanobots and is shingles really just a hoax like covid?  Oh....and let's not forget masks.....do they work for shingles?  Can I get unemployment if I stay home and say I'm afraid of it?

Hey  Doc, would you get the vzv vax (varicella - the weakened live virus) or the shingrix shot(s)? 

Edited by jeffw

42 mins ago, Finster said:

Is the shingles vax a seasonal thing like the flu vax? Is there a shingles season like there is a flu season?

Primary doc told me to wait another year til I'm 55 to get it. Just turned 55. Do I get the vax now, or wait til fall when I get the next flu shot?

From what I found it looks like it provides at least 4 years of >90% immunity but nowhere does it say it needs to be repeated.....saw one thing where it says the second dose 2-6 months after the first should provide lifetime protection.

4 mins ago, jeffw said:

Hey  Doc, would you get the vzv vax (varicella - the weakened live virus) or the shingrix shot(s)? 

Shingrix

9 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

Was scheduled for my second shingles vac last week but had to cancel it due to an emergency dental problem. Does the first vaccine protect or do I need both?

Yes but the second dose may cover you for the rest of your days.