Sparky

State Officials Write To Deal Asking To Rethink Beach Parking

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

I'm not sure about Jenks.  I know Donovans literally owns the beach right down to the water.  If you were to fish right in front of that tiki bar then you are technically trespassing and assuming its right in the middle of a smoking hot busy beach day- someone will probably ask you to leave the area.  I'm pretty sure there are other beach clubs like that, especially common in a town like sea bright.  I would never set up 5 poles and a bucket in front of Jenks (or Donovans for that matter) so doesn't affect me either way- just sayin'- laws aren't consistent across the coastline.

I never heard this concerning Donovan's and believe it's a false statement.

Jenkinson's does own the beachfront at the inlet. It is what it is.

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, Kings over Queens said:

I always understood that the public had the right of access from the water to high tide water mark, theoretically.

Nope.  Some clubs have the right to the beach,  that is tax payer funded sand, that if a tax payer decides to plop a chair or a bucket there they have the right to ask you to leave.  The grey area always was, you could walk past it without any trouble to get somewhere, but that's all.  So, theoretically, if you're walking the beach casting a plug and happen to come upon some feeding fish on a private stretch of beach, enjoy it, i doubt anyone will say anything.

Edited by Fly By Nite

2 hours ago, Octopotamus said:

I never heard this concerning Donovan's and believe it's a false statement.

Donovans owns the sand that your tax dollars put there.  And....to add insult to injury, due its the seasonal nature beach clubs catch a break paying taxes on their property.  Not only do you have to pay once to put the sand on their property, but you have to pay more than they do since they get a tax break, and if you want to plop a chair on teh sand you paid for you have to pony up again.  Awesome state we live in.

Edited by Fly By Nite

Whos fishing in front of donovan's in the middle of summer anyway?  Also, if you wanted to fish there, just go grab a beer at the tiki bar and BAM, youre all the sudden a customer to them, and also have a little buzz on, win win.

Probably no one, though that was historically a good late summer beach fluke spot area for me.  And, sorry to piss on your parade-you might not get served without a wrist band. Point is- people think the beaches belong to them when that is not technically the case everywhere.

On 6/7/2021 at 6:23 AM, SurfMonster said:

While we are here ..try getting on jenkinsons sand after 5 ...cant...not even fisherman..and the cops back them up

I'm pretty sure the problem there is that Jenks has riparian rights down into the water. It's complicating the situation.

Edited by Sudsy