Lamiglasmike

Keyport Boat Ramp - dredged?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I heard that they dredged the boat ramp in Keyport, can anyone confirm this, and have you used the ramp since.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Mike

14 mins ago, Lamiglasmike said:

I heard that they dredged the boat ramp in Keyport, can anyone confirm this, and have you used the ramp since.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Mike

I have avoided using that ramp because a while back I read that trucks and trailers are not safe there....

39 mins ago, aae0130 said:

I have avoided using that ramp because a while back I read that trucks and trailers are not safe there....

I use to use it all the time, years ago,  but I got caught at low tide coming in and spun my props hub.  I knew I was in trouble when the boat in front of me, had 3 guys in the water pushing the boat in... So I stopped using it. Not fun, and costly. Never had a probably there besides the no water issue, and backing half way into the bay to get the boat off the trailer. :banghd:  Figured if they dredged it, it would be better now. 

Thanks for the info

Late last fall there was some activity there but not sure what they did.  We too had to wait for the incoming tide several times to get in, so dont us it any more

Launched at dead low -20 foot /outboard with no issues two weeks ago

Came back at high tide no issues

I have no idea if and when any dredging was completed

14 hours ago, captnemo58 said:

Launched at dead low -20 foot /outboard with no issues two weeks ago

Came back at high tide no issues

I have no idea if and when any dredging was completed

Thanks Capt, good to hear. I was talking to a guy fishing at the railing, and he said they closed the ramp for the hole day to dredge.  Its a bought time. 

Tight lines

Good to know it’s been dredged..launched my boat there beginning of April worst launch I’ve ever used. I have a small 17’  boat could barely get it off the trailer without exhaust being submerged under water then got stuck on bottom but managed to get out. Maybe I’ll give it another shot

15 mins ago, KZ18 said:

Good to know it’s been dredged..launched my boat there beginning of April worst launch I’ve ever used. I have a small 17’  boat could barely get it off the trailer without exhaust being submerged under water then got stuck on bottom but managed to get out. Maybe I’ll give it another shot

A couple years back, I thought I was gonna fish from my truck, I had to go in so far... Hope its a lot better...