HugeDinghy

Philly

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

wife and daughter are down there for a basketball tournament at the civic center.

they wont have a ton of down time but will be able to get out at night a bit....

any mid grade restaurants they should hit.....anything you suggest they see as far as quick hit typical tourist crap?

I think you mean the Convention Center? The Civic Center was torn down 30 years ago. 

If it is at the Convention Center, the Reading Terminal Market is a must. But I don't think they do hoops at the Convention Center. I am befuddled. :huh:

Isn't today the anniversary of the MOVE bombing? Should be some protests or something to watch, maybe a food truck?

The parts of Philly that they will be in are as safe as anywhere you can go. They're more likely to get hit by a hackey sack than something bad.

Whatever this is. The team called it one thing on the schedule, the navigation called it the Philly civic center, and the hotel  called it the PA convention center. 

1A016173-0323-434E-8F91-E8B49E327BB0.jpeg

1 min ago, Belmo said:

The parts of Philly that they will be in are as safe as anywhere you can go.

N0

That is the Convention Center, 12th & Arch. Reading Terminal Market is a good place to visit, and Chinatown is there too. There are good dumplings at the place at 12th & Race, which just changed its name to something I can't remember.  

I feel weird - I ain't been down there in a year and a half, and I am out of the loop.