Mummichog

Pool Owners - What's Your Water Temp?

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

The pool at are condo down here in south Floradha is 87 so I think I know the setting I will see on are pool's heater up north. BTW it is time to pack up my **** and head north, we leave in a week. FYI it is getting hot down here.

Peace

Opened pool yesterday so it’s ungodly cold. A nice month of sunny days with not too much wind will get the temperature in the high 70s (using an automatic cover at night and on cold days)  I wonder if there is some kind of solar powered float thing that can slowly warm the water. 

I wrote stuff on my basement wall when the kids were younger.  One of the things was a pool temp.  June 3, 2010 the pool was 81 degrees.  I gotta climb 20 degrees in 20 days to match 2010.

3 mins ago, Mummichog said:

I wrote stuff on my basement wall when the kids were younger.  One of the things was a pool temp.  June 3, 2010 the pool was 81 degrees.  I gotta climb 20 degrees in 20 days to match 2010.

A few times you’ll get some crazy hot days in late may or early June, mid 90s.. and the pool is mid 60s...  kids will hop in but not me. 

49 mins ago, Mummichog said:

We are in SE Pennsylvania and the pool is 62 degrees.  No heater, obviously.  :D

62 degrees is refreshing give it a try!

30 mins ago, blastwater said:

A few times you’ll get some crazy hot days in late may or early June, mid 90s.. and the pool is mid 60s...  kids will hop in but not me. 

84 is my minimum.  

26 mins ago, Ditchbag said:

62 degrees is refreshing give it a try!

I put my hand in to grab the thermometer.  That's enough.  :D

Opening this weekend. Usually when we open the pool is around 68 or 70 degrees. Once we get the solar cover on we are in the mid to upper 80's in no time.

Posted (edited) · Report post

We took the kids to Dad's screened in pool. Sunday It's been in the upper 80s and 90s here for a week or two. The water temperature was ****ing freezing.

Edited by mwhitt80

2 hours ago, Mummichog said:

We are in SE Pennsylvania and the pool is 62 degrees.  No heater, obviously.  :D

Same. Hit 66 yesterday tho.

1 min ago, Mokes said:

Same. Hit 66 yesterday tho.

Show-off.  I’m toying with buying a solar cover, but it’s probably not worth the money.  We’ve had them before ans maybe it gets you a degree of surface temperature.