coolhandfluke

NO MORE MASKS !!!!!!

Rate this topic

531 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

In a striking move to send the country back toward pre-pandemic life, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Thursday will ease indoor mask-wearing guidance for fully vaccinated people, allowing them to safely stop wearing masks inside in most places, according to a person briefed on the announcement.

The new guidance will still call for wearing masks in crowded indoor settings like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters, but could ease restrictions for reopening workplaces, schools, and other venues — even removing the need for masks or social distancing for those who are fully vaccinated

The CDC will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds. The announcement comes as the CDC and the Biden administration have faced pressure to ease restrictions on fully vaccinated people — people who are two weeks past their last required COVID-19 vaccine dose — in part to highlight the benefits of getting the shot

Edited by coolhandfluke

Uh, the CDC finally opining on common sense is reason to cheer? 

So is the CDC finally acknowledging that the idea of a vaccinated person being a potential "asymptomatic carrier" was not based on science? 

CDC saying it is one thing

Will the gov's follow suit?  In NJs case, we need Cuomo to drop mandates, togtooth only knows how to play shadow to gov nipplering

2 mins ago, flyangler said:

Uh, the CDC finally opining on common sense is reason to cheer? 

So is the CDC finally acknowledging that the idea of a vaccinated person being a potential "asymptomatic carrier" was not based on science? 

I dunno,

the situation with the Yankees right now has me scratching my head.

38 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

I dunno,

the situation with the Yankees right now has me scratching my head.

Any idea which vaccine they had? 

1 min ago, Billybob said:

What happened to the Yankees?

Hopefully, they all died, those soulless mercenaries.

3 mins ago, cartopper said:

J&J

There ya go - 1/3 of them can catch covid and it wouldn’t be outside the vaccines efficacy :howdy: If they got one of the mRNA jabs 1 outta 20.

A friend of ours was at a Hyatt in tenn. a few weeks ago. She checked in and was urged to wear a mask which she refused. Said she’d be happy to go elsewhere. They checked her in. 

she told us yesterday that the Hyatt sent her a letter to her telling her that her “social status” within the Hyatt org had been severely impacted and that she was no longer welcome. 

not kidding.