Sea Bass Mass 2021

4 hours ago, Bri in RI said:

Ready but can’t go opening day. Post the Zoo pics! 

During the week. It may be ok. If someone posts a pre-fish report of the area that would help. 2 out of the last 3 years have been slow to start. The week after has been better inshore. The Dinner Plate size Scup were around last weekend. 

We will find out this year if a prime launch spot in Buzzards Bay for yakkers was from Covid19 paranoia or enforcement of the towns resident only parking. Thankfully buzz bay has a gazzlion launch points but it will suck to lose that one.

50 mins ago, tj7501 said:

Last year was a zoo down there - it seemed like 2-3 times the number of yakkers compared to the previous years.

What totally sucks for one kayak angler had that place to themselves. Shared with one kayak angler and it snowballed out of control within 2 seasons. 

I predict it will be crazier. My go to spots in my neck of the woods have been and I expect no different at that hot spot.

I will say, one good thing is seeing all sorts of yaks and setups in person. It’s like a kayak show in a way. Get to talk to folks about their rigs and what not. Maybe someone even offers you a demo on something you’ve been interested in but couldn’t try out.

But yes, a Zoo nonetheless. Stick to week days if possible.

(*member formerly known as 'Mr. Brian')

On 5/14/2021 at 2:05 PM, The Riddler said:

What totally sucks for one kayak angler had that place to themselves. Shared with one kayak angler and it snowballed out of control within 2 seasons. 

I thought it was karma when one of the spot-burners that was constantly posting about that spot and about getting "free dinner" had his kayak fall off his trailer while crossing the bridge.

If you're talking about "Bones", he's such a cool guy and I'm thankful that he shared his knowledge. I wish everyone was good about keeping it to themselves without constant bragging on social media.

1 hour ago, tj7501 said:

I thought it was karma when one of the spot-burners that was constantly posting about that spot and about getting "free dinner" had his kayak fall off his trailer while crossing the bridge.

If you're talking about "Bones", he's such a cool guy and I'm thankful that he shared his knowledge. I wish everyone was good about keeping it to themselves without constant bragging on social media.

Along Bonesy there was another low key good egg. 

We saw the same thing up North on a mud flat. World Class bass for 2 seasons in a row.  
Racks left on a ramp, car lights shining into the windows, 3am on a wed night with 12 anglers yucking it up. When you would say something they would say they should not have bought a house near a boat ramp and proceed to go piss on the wall. In some ways 
having less bass around had some positive effects. 

I agree word got out amongst the paddle n peddle craft tribe, but you can't forget OTW

douching this spot too.

IMHO...in the last 2 years...they've been the biggest detriment to available kayak

anglers with their shows.  

I've seen them broadcast shows that will have huge effects on paddle craft spots both North n' South and all points in between. 

Their spot burning will have the worst significance to kayak anglers since Global Warming 

here in the Northeast.     

Edited by flylikabird

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato