WindAndWater

Tackle Shops In Central to Upper NJ with Good Amount of Striper Plugs/Gear

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Could I get some recommendations on tackle shops in central to upper NJ, probably between the general area of Surf City and Sandy Hook, that would be worth checking out for striper plugs and surf gear generally oriented towards stripers.

Will be coming from Philly so anything that's on the way or near the beach/inlets would be great. Appreciate any recommendations for well stocked shops in NY that I might want to visit later on too. Thanks. 

Fisherman’s supply in Point. Reel Seat in Brielle. Fisherman’s Headquarters in Ship Bottom. Best shops around IMO in quantity and quality

Fisherman's Source in Ocean Twp, Giglio's in Seabright and Julians in Atlantic Highlands. Fisherman's Source has a large web presence, now they've opened a brick and mortar store. Giglio's and Julians have been in business for well over half a century, they have whatever you need.

1 min ago, Bow3022 said:

Grumpys tackle in seaside has a large selection of tackle.

They do indeed but southern Ocean county isn't really Central/North Jersey. Monmouth county is Central Jersey. 

21 mins ago, RockRonin said:

Fisherman's Source in Ocean Twp, Giglio's in Seabright and Julians in Atlantic Highlands. Fisherman's Source has a large web presence, now they've opened a brick and mortar store. Giglio's and Julians have been in business for well over half a century, they have whatever you need.

+1 for fishermans source, great selection of nice plugs that typically dont make it to their website

11 mins ago, RockRonin said:

They do indeed but southern Ocean county isn't really Central/North Jersey. Monmouth county is Central Jersey. 

OP said from surf city to sandy hook.....last time I checked, seaside park is in between. 

1 hour ago, Jefffahfffah said:

+1 for fishermans source, great selection of nice plugs that typically dont make it to their website

And another vote for fisherman’s source. I was there two weeks ago - they were stocked very well - pretty much anything you would want. Plus all the ppl that work there are really friendly. I have decided to patronize this store based on that alone. 

They have a wide verity that’s not over priced. And they carry multiple brands at different price ranges. They also have a very nice stock of rods in the back. 

Also an easy stop off of rt18 or rt35. Probably about 15 min off the parkway on the rt66 exit