planter

Everything's open but the state. Boat registration.

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

I can't believe that I just found out that boat registrations are only being done through the mail. It's my bad I should have looked into it a little more closely. What bothers me is those of us in the private sector are back to work and for the most part have been for a while. State employees have a pretty good deal going on. They certainly should have all been vaccinated by now and you've always been separated from them buy a piece of plexiglass so what's the big deal?  On top of registering my boat I've been getting tax bills from my local municipality. Personally I think the taxpayers deserve an abatement of some sort. Why should we pay all of our taxes when the town has not been functioning as usual. I'm sure state employees and registry employees are enjoying themselves thoroughly and are no hurry to return to the workplace. Who cares about John Q public.

6 hours ago, planter said:

I can't believe that I just found out that boat registrations are only being done through the mail. It's my bad I should have looked into it a little more closely. What bothers me is those of us in the private sector are back to work and for the most part have been for a while. State employees have a pretty good deal going on. They certainly should have all been vaccinated by now and you've always been separated from them buy a piece of plexiglass so what's the big deal?  On top of registering my boat I've been getting tax bills from my local municipality. Personally I think the taxpayers deserve an abatement of some sort. Why should we pay all of our taxes when the town has not been functioning as usual. I'm sure state employees and registry employees are enjoying themselves thoroughly and are no hurry to return to the workplace. Who cares about John Q public.

Election Day is coming.  That's how you get your revenge.

Oh, you expected the government to care about you? For them to make things convenient for you? To give you a refund for their short comings?

Silly peasant.

While politicians are definitely the major problem at least they can be voted out.......the common civil servant can not be.

the people in government that you deal with in person on a regular basis are immune to to being held responsible to you........it’s a job to them nothing more and if they piss you off so be it

It's funny that much of the services and applications we need to function are much harder to find, yet the cities and states naturally expect us to still pay for these services and taxes without fail.

God forbid we should fail to do register a boat or vehicle, or pay our taxes.

Do we get a "pass"? Hell no, we get fines, fees and nailed to a wall.

Don't even get started about how people who collected unemployment got a $10,200.00 added tax break while working stiffs had to pay taxes on the income they EARNED.

14 hours ago, RWP said:

Oh, you expected the government to care about you? For them to make things convenient for you? To give you a refund for their short comings?

Silly peasant.

I am admittedly a silly peasant and what was I thinking. I don't expect them to make things convenient for anyone but it sure would be nice if they tossed us a bone now and then. 

I'm afraid FISH BUCKET has a strong grasp of how things work. It's not so much the elected officials, it's the civil servants. 

4 hours ago, Dan Tinman said:

Which bastion of Democratic stupidity and incompetence are you dealing with?

Dan my man. All I wanted was to be able to register a boat. I was willing to make an appointment. I was willing to wait in a long line but to have to do it through the postal service is unreasonable at this point in the pandemic. I guess it probably doesn't matter what particular bastion of democratic stupidity I was trying to deal with the roadblocks would have been the same.

It's like screaming into the wind. I am quite comfortable in operating the boat unregistered. I will have all the documentation that I sent to the state for a proper resident registration and I will make sure I have my insurance papers in line and if push comes to shove they can ticket me but I believe I could prevail. It's no wonder that Massachusetts is the ONLY state left that requires the police to be on hand for traffic details at $$$$ an hour. I would love to know how much money we spend for police details

I just want to go boating....

56 mins ago, planter said:

I am admittedly a silly peasant and what was I thinking. I don't expect them to make things convenient for anyone but it sure would be nice if they tossed us a bone now and then. 

I'm afraid FISH BUCKET has a strong grasp of how things work. It's not so much the elected officials, it's the civil servants. 

Dan my man. All I wanted was to be able to register a boat. I was willing to make an appointment. I was willing to wait in a long line but to have to do it through the postal service is unreasonable at this point in the pandemic. I guess it probably doesn't matter what particular bastion of democratic stupidity I was trying to deal with the roadblocks would have been the same.

It's like screaming into the wind. I am quite comfortable in operating the boat unregistered. I will have all the documentation that I sent to the state for a proper resident registration and I will make sure I have my insurance papers in line and if push comes to shove they can ticket me but I believe I could prevail. It's no wonder that Massachusetts is the ONLY state left that requires the police to be on hand for traffic details at $$$$ an hour. I would love to know how much money we spend for police details

I just want to go boating....

Funny you should say boat registration.  I recently bought a 14' tin boat & trailer.  The boat paperwork went thru fine but the MVC refused to register the trailer.  2 appointments, hours of wasted time, considerable expense and exasperation later I just got it this morning.  NJ also has the payroll padding requirement of police at road construction sites.  NJ and Mass are mirror images of each other when it comes to Democratic stupidity.

Fish Bucket is right too.  Most of the regulatory nonsense we have to deal with is created by faceless and self important beaucrats that don't answer to anyone.  To paraphrase Marco Ramius "a little revolution now and then is a good thing don't you think?"

The people who should have gotten the unemployment bonus are the supermarket workers, the gas attendants (NJ) , home stores, convenience stores. How does rewarding someone for not working and penalizing someone who does make any sense ? It doesn't follow the money. State workers are getting their payoff for voting the right way

22 hours ago, Dan Tinman said:

Which bastion of Democratic stupidity and incompetence are you dealing with?

Mass has a Republican Gov, not sure why you are now pulling for the Dems, and yes its BS Mass boat reg is by mail:banghd::banghd:

21 mins ago, codfish said:

Mass has a Republican Gov, not sure why you are now pulling for the Dems, and yes its BS Mass boat reg is by mail:banghd::banghd:

Is he really a Republican or just a RINO?  Seems like he’s pretty liberal to me.

waited 2.5 weeks for confirmation of my registration-  instead today i received my application in the mail w/ notice that I had made an application mistake (which could have been easily prevented by having someone @ their office answering a phone).

frontline workers have sacrificed everything during this pandemic and these cowards aren't willing to sit behind a plexiglass window to accept my paperwork.

The incompetence is astounding. 

p.s. Gonna take the coast guard to get me off my boat this weekend. 

21 mins ago, Rain Man said:

waited 2.5 weeks for confirmation of my registration-  instead today i received my application in the mail w/ notice that I had made an application mistake (which could have been easily prevented by having someone @ their office answering a phone).

frontline workers have sacrificed everything during this pandemic and these cowards aren't willing to sit behind a plexiglass window to accept my paperwork.

The incompetence is astounding. 

p.s. Gonna take the coast guard to get me off my boat this weekend. 

You’re on the right path. It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission at this point. I’ve had a similar situation. I’ve been winging it until the registration shows up.

I mailed my boat registration renewal in on 3/1.  They cashed my check on 3/10. I got my renewed registration and stickers last week.  Good luck on getting back your registration renewal promptly if you mail it in now.  Maybe by mid July.