jkrock

Anti-vaxxers

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Do you agree with the Meriiam Webster dictionary that now defines people who oppose laws mandating vaccinations as anti vaxxers?

I oppose laws mandating you get the covid vaccine.  I don't care if you get it or not.    I got the covid shot.  Both doses.  I don't consider myself an anti vaxxer, but the dictionary says I am.  Am I?

anti.jpg

Edited by jkrock

Posted (edited) · Report post

F*** Merriam Webster for insinuating that they have control over the use of the English language.

You can be pro-vax but anti-mandate. They've combined the terms. Thankfully they have no influence on my reality and I'll make sure my children never use one of their dictionaries.

It's also stupid because a mandate can't be made for a vaccine that was made under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). They're not only morally wrong in combining the terms they're legally wrong, too.

Merriam Webster is bad. And they should feel bad.

Edited by occidentalist

6 mins ago, occidentalist said:

F*** Merriam Webster for insinuating that they have control over the use of the English language.

You can be pro-vax but anti-mandate. They've combined the terms. Thankfully they have no influence on my reality and I'll make sure my children never use one of their dictionaries.

It's also stupid because a mandate can't be made for a vaccine that was made under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). They're not only morally wrong in combining the terms they're legally wrong, too.

Merriam Webster is bad. And they should feel bad.

I am pro-vax, but anti-mandate, this is still freaking America is it not, how dare they?