The Dude

What is a RINO?

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

I keep seeing this and there is zero consistency. Like how in the world is Liz Cheney not a Republican? 

Is there a standard? Is there a Republican platform that they don't follow?

Because to me a RINO is just someone that is bucking the partisan idiocy that has taken over the party.

Reps were pulled Left in their quest to stay mainstream because they believed the Media.  The LACK of The Blue Wave last fall proved to them the Media is wrong and out of step with the average America.  They recalibrated and began to purge what is no longer part of their core values. 

Its very Interesting to watch the Parties Trade Places from the time I was young till now. 

4 mins ago, The Dude said:

I keep seeing this and there is zero consistency. Like how in the world is Liz Cheney not a Republican? 

Because to me a RINO is just someone that is bucking the partisan idiocy that has taken over the party.

the odds of your getting a quality answer from anyone on the right is effectively ZERO.

McCain and Romney went from being their Presidential Candidates to being denounced as not really of the party......

the answer is they were not loyal to Trump,

but Republicans here don't want to admit that Trump loyalty is THE acid test.

2 mins ago, Harf said:

Reps were pulled Left in their quest to stay mainstream because they believed the Media.  The LACK of The Blue Wave last fall proved to them the Media is wrong and out of step with the average America.  They recalibrated and began to purge what is no longer part of their core values. 

Its very Interesting to watch the Parties Trade Places from the time I was young till now. 

That word salad doesn't remotely answer the question.

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

the odds of your getting a quality answer from anyone on the right is effectively ZERO.

McCain and Romney went from being their Presidential Candidates to being denounced as not really of the party......

the answer is they were not loyal to Trump,

but Republicans here don't want to admit that Trump loyalty is THE acid test.

This is my suspicion. 

Both fell from grace long before Trump.  You need a calendar of events

8 mins ago, The Dude said:

The current definition is anyone that does not kowtow to Trump.

Just now, Paulie Herman said:

Support for Make America Great Again is the litmus test.  It's the platform more than the man. 

Platform. Lol. 

Just now, Paulie Herman said:

Support for Make America Great Again is the litmus test.  It's the platform more than the man. 

Personality over Policy.  Hard for some to separate  

1 min ago, Harf said:

Personality over Policy.  Hard for some to separate  

Okay. Now apply this to Liz Cheney. Is she getting penalized for personality or policy?