NHAngler

Warning: Mind your idle soft plastics...

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I'm sure we have all kept some soft plastics in a Plano box or hard plastic tray or even laying on a plastic hard body lure. This even goes for spinnerbait and skirt material left idle in storage. 

Nasty stuff so great idea to attend to it asap before it oozes together. 

Saying all of this for a friend (I never let this happen to my tackle ;) ). 

I find if you keep brands separate you have no problem, those stretchable ones MUST be kept away from the others. 

I learned that after after keeping some certain soft plastics in my Tactical Anglers pouch..... No problem with the Al Gags, Bill Hurley or Gravity Tackle stuff. 

Remeber Berkley Power Baits?  Wow.... would they every make a mess in a tackle box if left for a while....  Like the OP, never experienced it myself of course...

I just keep them in there own plastic containers no issues. Berkeley power baits like shrimp stay in their container with it's sauce. It is more if an issue when you are wading the beach.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just bought some Gary Yamamoto worms and noticed on the package it said, "Keep in original package. May damage other materials."

Edited by joetackle

It’s been a long time since I had any containers that weren’t “worm proof” but I do mix colors together so they bleed into each other and I get some neat effects.

I doubt the fish really care but I think it’s cool and I keep telling myself that I’ve discovered some magic formula.

In reality, white curly tail grubs and dark slug go’s will probably catch most of what I’m after.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I carry my Gulp Saltwater baits in a small square food container with a gasket and 4 tabs to secure it. I splash some Gulp Recharge in and shake it up, the colors have yet to run and I no longer have juice from the bags all over everything. Got it in a Family Dollar store 3+ years ago for $1.00.

For informational purposes it is hot here most of the year~ 10 months.

Edited by nuub

26 mins ago, nuub said:

I carry my Gulp Saltwater baits in a small square food container with a gasket and 4 tabs to secure it. I splash some Gulp Recharge in and shake it up, the colors have yet to run and I no longer have juice from the bags all over everything. Got it in a Family Dollar store 3+ years ago for $1.00.

For informational purposes it is hot here most of the year~ 10 months.

Same here. None of my gulp have run.  

I wanna find a container that fits inside my bucket inserts.  The cube I use now is a great container, but sits on top of the insert and takes up room I could use for something else. 

I keep Gulp at home until I have an outing planned. Their packaging is awful, once opened, and will leak if you look at it sideways.

7 hours ago, nuub said:

Mine fits in the Yeti Bucket tote tray, I keep a hand towel and a knife in the same compartment.

I just gotta shop around till I find the Goldilocks container. 

Next time I goto Dollar General or something I'll bring my insert.