Angler #1

Thank you Jason

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

for taking us old guys out on Little Sisters. It has been a while since I have been back to the Boston Marina and my what a change from the last time I was up that way . A whole bunch of years ago. No one got the skunk and we had a few polish jokes . The boat is well set up to handle what ever fishing it chooses and that is a plus . All rods and reels and bait supplied . I still like to bring my own gear that is an old habit I can not break after to many years of fishing . The depth of the water for me was on the shallow side , but one needs to set up where the fish find a comfort zone . The wind became a factor and the fish  have just begun  move in from the deeper habitat as they will continue to move as the temperature moves the fish back into warmer water to feed. WE had one spurt where we picked up three fish all at the same time and were hoping that a second wave would make an entrance . but that was not happening. I know that I have been looking forward to this trip since last year and all expectations were met and that is all one can ask for .  Nice hats and I like the color  Peace and Prayers   

Edited by Angler #1

Was out on Friday and saw Little Sister just before the dumping grounds. We were fishing 170-220 and one haddock to show. 
Early, will get better. 

Little Sister is the only time I've left Cape Cod to go boat fishing and well worth it.

For real.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it this trip maybe another time.

My wife and I had some great tasting fillets of flounder this evening . I have to say that Jason does a great job filleting the fish [no bones]a rarity these days. We still have a couple of more meals left that have been vacuum packed for the next time the fish meal is being prepared. Peace and and Prayers 

Hillary asked that he was wishing all of his friends a hello .  Looking forward to another casting day if one gets planed.  Peace and Prayers

On 5/11/2021 at 1:27 PM, Angler #1 said:

for taking us old guys out on Little Sisters. It has been a while since I have been back to the Boston Marina and my what a change from the last time I was up that way . A whole bunch of years ago. No one got the skunk and we had a few polish jokes . The boat is well set up to handle what ever fishing it chooses and that is a plus . All rods and reels and bait supplied . I still like to bring my own gear that is an old habit I can not break after to many years of fishing . The depth of the water for me was on the shallow side , but one needs to set up where the fish find a comfort zone . The wind became a factor and the fish  have just begun  move in from the deeper habitat as they will continue to move as the temperature moves the fish back into warmer water to feed. WE had one spurt where we picked up three fish all at the same time and were hoping that a second wave would make an entrance . but that was not happening. I know that I have been looking forward to this trip since last year and all expectations were met and that is all one can ask for .  Nice hats and I like the color  Peace and Prayers   

It was good to have you out there Carl! I'm worried about Jessica and I still haven't heard from her. 

I had a pink hat for her and now I have to wear it...

051121geezers.jpg

23 hours ago, The Riddler said:

Was out on Friday and saw Little Sister just before the dumping grounds. We were fishing 170-220 and one haddock to show. 
Early, will get better. 

I've been limiting on haddock all days "except for" last Wednesday and Friday (05/05 and 05/07). I don't know what happened those days but the haddock wouldn't eat. Go back where you were over the next few days and you will see what I mean.

Posted (edited) · Report post

5 hours ago, jason colby said:

I've been limiting on haddock all days "except for" last Wednesday and Friday (05/05 and 05/07). I don't know what happened those days but the haddock wouldn't eat. Go back where you were over the next few days and you will see what I mean.

The only thing I saw was acres of Porpoises out there blasting thru herring or mack at the 200 lines moving in. Don't know if they target haddock too or not. 

My first trip out there this year. Will go back out there in a week or so. 

Edited by The Riddler

sorry i  missed the trip.I own two vehicles just in case something happens to one i have a back up.Well i had two cars both with transmission problems on same day.The second car died on my way to the dock.When i went to call i realized cell phone was in other car.Cell phone was never found?I had a nice walk but missed you guys.

1 hour ago, hotfishgirl said:

sorry i  missed the trip.I own two vehicles just in case something happens to one i have a back up.Well i had two cars both with transmission problems on same day.The second car died on my way to the dock.When i went to call i realized cell phone was in other car.Cell phone was never found?I had a nice walk but missed you guys.

WE were all worried that something more seriously happened to you. Glad to see it was something different i a way Peace and Prayers