HopHead

Ump/ref shortage.....

Rate this topic

136 posts in this topic

.....in all sports up here.  My brother in jersey.....son catches for st. joe's and his game against bosco was canceled because there was no ump.  Why?  They're all making more on unemployment!  WTF has happened to this country.

4 mins ago, HopHead said:

.....in all sports up here.  My brother in jersey.....son catches for st. joe's and his game against bosco was canceled because there was no ump.  Why?  They're all making more on unemployment!  WTF has happened to this country.

Not sure if it's true or not but I heard unemployment no taxes , do the right thing get off your ass go to work you pay taxes.

How could anything be moar ****ed up?

7 mins ago, HopHead said:

Same here in MA. Coaches have sent out emails asking if parents want to umpire. $60 a game. 

38 mins ago, z-man said:

They also may not want to Ump while wearing a Covid mask. 

Yeah, unless they use the correct hand signals, you might not understand "ball, strike, safe, or out"?

45 mins ago, z-man said:

They also may not want to Ump while wearing a Covid mask. 

They have a handheld thing that peeped instead of a whistle. Hard to get used to. 

I was a certified HS basketball ref for over two decades.   Unless you're a professional or Division 1 collegiate ref, me and my regular partners don't do this for the money - it's an avocation.   So not sure where unemployment fits in.

5 mins ago, CATCHnRELEASE said:

Why don’t you and other people like you volunteer Hopper.

The solution at hand.

No, you do chit but you complain.

I'm not qualified you old shithead.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I mean, what does it take to be a ump in baseball uhmn?

Well, good eyesight helps. And a stable mental health state...something you lack.

Sure, nice excuse.....like you did NOT play any sport during your high school and college time shithead.

Love how people like  you  who do not volunteer for crap, complain about other people not volunteering to take care of their  spawn.

BLAH

Edited by CATCHnRELEASE