ByronPA

Gas Situation..

Rate this topic

167 posts in this topic

This morning, friends in NC starting posting pics of long lines at gas stations, reporting that numerous gas stations were out of gas. Now it seems, that within the past couple hours, several States have declared a "gas emergency". As people rush to fill any container they can get with gas.. 

Should be interesting..  

Posted (edited) · Report post

So should we rush to fill gas cans and stuff? I heard all the supply chain issues are expected to be resolved by Friday. When would that put things back to normal.

Edited by CJS

The sky is falling.

Hurry out and buy toilet paper.

Milk, bread eggs! Milk, bread,eggs. Milk, bread, eggs.

6 mins ago, CJS said:

So should we rush to fill gas cans and stuff?

I filled mine this morning, only three 5gal cans but better than nothing. One of the concerns, I think, is the shortage of drivers. Rumors have it that up to 50% of stations in some states are out of gas. That means drivers scheduled to deliver in my area will be sent to NC instead??

A friend told me our local station is limiting customers to 5 gallons...

17 mins ago, CJS said:

So should we rush to fill gas cans and stuff?

That was three days ago.

10 mins ago, Terry Mac said:

no worries, i don't drive anywhere anymore. Probably fill up with gas every 3 or 4 weeks. 

we really dont care.go pedal somewhere biker boy

just about every station within 5 miles of me are out of regular(s)

- Just premium on tap. and I dont think it will last the night.  all stations full at the pumps.  

I got mines...

Drivers across the East Coast are piling into gas stations, resulting in long lines and shortages as motorists cope with what could be a weeklong shutdown of the nation’s largest fuel pipeline because of a cyberattack.

Colonial Pipeline Co., operator of a 5,500-mile conduit for gasoline, diesel and refined products, said Monday it hoped to substantially restore service by the end of the week. It shut the pipeline late last week following a ransomware attack that U.S. officials have linked to a criminal gang known as DarkSide.

The Colonial pipeline runs from Texas to New Jersey and carries about 45% of the fuel consumed on the East Coast, according to the company’s website. The shutdown is particularly worrisome for Southeastern states, including North and South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia; they have fewer sources of fuel compared with states further up the Atlantic coast

My wife asked me to go fill her car up today , She hardly drives it since she works from the house and if she has to travel for work they get her a rental car , I was shocked to see she only had a 1/8 of a tank , I got back and asked her why she let it go so low , She said "I don't drive it much" , Well I went to get her gas and two of the three stations closet to us were out the other had lines going down the road , I went on to SAM's club they too had lines but not too bad , Filled up and came home , My truck was topped off yesterday on my weekly SAM's club run and there were no lines then , I saw a landscape / lawn care guy gassing up all his equipment and a lest 8 5gl cans on the next island , I said smart move if you have a lot of work for the week . he said "I do and no gas is no work "