Triocd

Seeking info regarding Essex Bay and Plum Island Sound boat ramps

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

I'm looking for info on public boat ramps for me to be able to launch a trailered boat to access fishing in Plum Island Sound and Essex Bay. I'm not interested in the Merrimack River ramps because I don't want to run through the mouth of the Merrimack. I don't own a boat yet but these bays are where I would be fishing and I want to start looking at launch options. I'm worried that if my only option is Ipswich town landing that they might go resident only and then I would have no other option other than launching in the Merrimack.

Ipswich Town Landing: It looks like they just renovated this. Is it open to non-Ipswich residents? Any idea what time the lot fills on weekends? A news article says "Fees to use the launch are $5 for one day of use and $35 for the season. Launch stickers can be purchased online here." Anyone know if those are resident prices or general public? I will call the town hall to ask if needed.

Newbury Town Landing: This looks like it's resident only?

Essex Town Landing: New update on the town website indicates it's residents only. Was it always residents only?

Am I missing any? Thank you