Cockpit Cover - Old Town

Picked up a couple Old Town Heron kayaks last fall so the whole family can join me in some adventures.  Store the yaks in a shed but they will be outside for the summer at the shore.  Old Town does not sell a cock pit cover (wife wants to keep the spiders and any other critters that may enter). Any suggestions on a cover for an Old Town?  

Appreciate any suggestions / reviews.  

Where I live we have a lot of Black Widows. Back when I kept my yaks outdoors, I can’t tell you how many times I peaked inside the hull before going out yaking to find them spinning webs.

I don’t know about a cover for the cockpit. Try a tarp, or cut some kind of material the size, and throw a bungie around it, or even shrink wrap. That’ll keep the bugs out. Me,

I just always hosed the kayaks out before I took em out.

“I enjoy talking to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you happen to be insane.”

I used this for storage of many things. .   Get a roll of stretch wrap.  They make it in multiple sizes and I keep 2 around 5 inch and 20 inch.   You'll use it for everything including keeping bugs out.   Just a few wraps around and you're done.  Cut it off when you're ready to use.  Reapply when you are finished for the day.