Barley

Liberals and a sense of fairness

Rate this topic

164 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I know a lot of liberals; some are part of my family.  The ones I know are basically nice people who conduct their lives in an honorable way and try to treat others fairly.  I’m hoping to engage liberals on SOL in a civil discussion regarding one issue, illegal immigration.

Help me to understand how you believe it is fair for people who sneak across our southern border to be put in line for citizenship ahead of those people who want to immigrate and become US citizens and who follow the legal process to do so. 

Edited by Barley

I hope you get an honest answer on this.  Seems like posing this very question gets folks accused of being anti-immigration and racist.  But.....let's see how it goes. 

That particular question along with many variations of it have been ignored more times than can be counted or else derailed with a deluge of troll comments. Good luck though. Maybe 1249th time is a charm.

Edited by Rickman

1 hour ago, Barley said:

I know a lot of liberals; some are part of my family.  The ones I know are basically nice people who conduct their lives in an honorable way and try to treat others fairly.  I’m hoping to engage liberals on SOL in a civil discussion regarding one issue, illegal immigration.

Help me to understand how you believe it is fair for people who sneak across our southern border to be put in line for citizenship ahead of those people who want to immigrate and become US citizens and who follow the legal process to do so. 

Help me understand where you see someone advocating for this and Progressives supporting it.

Illegal immigration is part of the dem narrative ...it goes hand n hand with 16 year old voting ..no reason for it but talking to a pablum puking dem about illegal immigration your wasting your breath ...ask one of your lib friends why isn’t he sponsoring an illegal and bringing him in home to the family in their white PRIVELIDGED house  or moving to seattle or Portland ....now tell them their full of c h I t LOL LOL LOL ...you already know the answer no use getting in debate about it ..LOL lol lol 

34 mins ago, MaxKatt said:

Help me understand where you see someone advocating for this and Progressives supporting it.

Yup

I don’t recall reading any libs in favor of it. 

16 mins ago, Gamakatsu said:

Who advocates for unfettered entry into the US? I haven't seen that yet, except for libertarian drivel back in the day.

Yup

eli was big on the need for illegals to pick produce. 
mans we heard a lot about jobs Americans refused to do. 

1 hour ago, Barley said:

You can only have an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn't change the narrative to fit their argument or point at every turn. Three lib posts have already proved that. Again, I wish you luck with your endeavor of searching for an intelligent two way conversation with the target audience.

Edited by Fishtale7

1 min ago, Fishtale7 said:

You can only have an intelligent conversation with someone who doesn't change the narrative to fit their argument or point at every turn. Three lib posts have already proved that. Again, I wish you luck with your endeavor of searching for an intelligent two way conversation with the target audience.

They don’t believe what I want to pretend they believe

wwwwaaaahhhhhh