irishexit

NEW MOON

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Do you guys regard  a new moon the same as a full moon ?  

What I mean is, do you find it to be productive a few days/nights before and after or is it just the night of the new moon ?

Thanks

Edited by irishexit

The sharpest of the sharp probably won’t put an answer in writing on the web. I’ve always thought that during a migration phase, post spawn especially, the fish are going by or they aren’t. Moon means little. 

As far as the common wisdom, lotta folks say new moon is darker sky = better for predator fish and for anglers. 

I prefer new moon over full moon. 

The new moon seemed to give me more days of better fishing. So maybe on average 2 or 3 days after a new moon

The fill moon would only give me a day or 2 of decent fishing.

13 hours ago, EricDice said:

The sharpest of the sharp probably won’t put an answer in writing on the web. I’ve always thought that during a migration phase, post spawn especially, the fish are going by or they aren’t. Moon means little. 

As far as the common wisdom, lotta folks say new moon is darker sky = better for predator fish and for anglers. 

Agreed. I fish a full and new moon very differently. Wouldnt share those details.

More stable for me on the new moon period. Best 3 days after. Last few years for me, in between moons has been best. The bass do what they are gonna do. 

3 hours ago, irishexit said:

It's not like you can sell it. 

You’re joking, right?

3 hours ago, irishexit said:

It's not like you can sell it. 

Absolutely. Have you heard of charters and guide services? Podcasts with paid advertisements sell knowledge.