MaxKatt

Can't catch bass that were never spawned.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I took the liberty of starting a thread from a quote I saw from CWitek in another post that really hit home for me.

The post was "Cape striper prognosis" and the OP's question was "What the prognosis is for this June...are we feeling the dramatic results of the overall striper decline or are things looking up???"  The screen shot below is Cwiteks response.

With regards to turning this striped bass situation around, it has to start happening RIGHT NOW for many of us older guys to ever have a chance at enjoying fishing the way we remember.  We need to have 3-4 strong year classes in a row right now, in order to have solid fishing in 8 to 10 years. 

Looking at the numbers CWitek shared, I'm feeling like any delay in recovery...if it happens at all...is going to put it outside my ability to fish or even my lifetime.  That's a very sobering concept to have to live with.  For some guys older than me, it's already a reality.  

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.37.04 PM.png

5 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

I took the liberty of starting a thread from a quote I saw from CWitek in another post that really hit home for me.

The post was "Cape striper prognosis" and the OP's question was "What the prognosis is for this June...are we feeling the dramatic results of the overall striper decline or are things looking up???"  The screen shot below is Cwiteks response.

With regards to turning this striped bass situation around, it has to start happening RIGHT NOW for many of us older guys to ever have a chance at enjoying fishing the way we remember.  We need to have 3-4 strong year classes in a row right now, in order to have solid fishing in 8 to 10 years. 

Looking at the numbers CWitek shared, I'm feeling like any delay in recovery...if it happens at all...is going to put it outside my ability to fish or even my lifetime.  That's a very sobering concept to have to live with.  For some guys older than me, it's already a reality.  

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 2.37.04 PM.png

The aggressive conservation efforts needed to start happening in The 50’s.

the good ole’ days many of the older fellas reminse about were the problem, it will never be like that again. Ever.

Given the track record of our fisheries management agency.

Bye bye stripers.

I hope you took pictures of the fish you caught years ago.

7 hours ago, Callmefish said:

The aggressive conservation efforts needed to start happening in The 50’s.

the good ole’ days many of the older fellas reminse about were the problem, it will never be like that again. Ever.

It'll be like that again, we just won't see it.  

Look at Chernobyl. Sure it's radioactive, but the wildlife don't care. 

Humans are locusts.