EarningStripes207

2021 Reports

Rate this topic

118 posts in this topic

I figured I would put this thread up to save some space on the forum. Feel free to share reports of any fish activity. As always, be mindful not to burn any spots. I took a few hours to target shad this morning. Although the shad didn't make an appearance despite seemingly ideal conditions I did end up with a striper that was about twenty inches. The striper hit the shad dart and started peeling drag, I was using four pound monofilament so it took some finesse to land but I managed to get it close enough for a buddy to net after about a minute and a half. No sea lice, I would guess it was a holdover fish. The next two weeks should really see things heating up. This occurred south of Portland.

2 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Nice Bob !  How many cigars ? :)

1 cigar, nothing for 2 of us at 2 places today

3 mins ago, drmevo said:

Caught a schoolie today on my lunch break, probably about 18-20" and feisty as hell. 

Nice work -- any striper this time of year feels great to land.

Wish I could fish on my lunch break!  

Just now, HarborBoy said:

Nice work -- any striper this time of year feels great to land.

Wish I could fish on my lunch break!  

Thanks! It's nice to live down the street from a herring run.

Howdee folks - I’m a newbie on this StripersOnline forum but used to be on the old Reel-Time back in the day! Anyway - I drive a ‘04 silver Tacoma with Maine plates “FishTaco” so if you see me parked somewhere in Maine I’ll be nearby wading with flyrod in hand... say hello. I’m going to drive down to greet the fish in Newburyport Saturday night for my first time this year. Can’t wait - psyched. 
I’ll post the good bad or ugly here afterwards! Tight lines - 

8 hours ago, VitaminDee said:

Pulled 4 dinkies on the NH/Maine Border. 1 on a SP and 3 on a Spook. 

I just got skunked between 8 pm - 10 pm on the NH / Me Border on the Maine side. I was wading casting a dark clouser / no takers! Waders leaked in the crotch! Hahah-Despite all this - it was great to be back on the water. 

9 hours ago, TacoFish said:

I just got skunked between 8 pm - 10 pm on the NH / Me Border on the Maine side. I was wading casting a dark clouser / no takers! Waders leaked in the crotch! Hahah-Despite all this - it was great to be back on the water. 

It's only going to get better. At least you found the leak early enough to address it.