FishNotPhish

Boat fishing spots near Marina Bay?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Not looking for any secret spot burns but I will be taking a smaller fishing boat out from Marina Bay a few times this summer with my son and was wondering if there are any obvious spots I can try to hit pretty quickly if we only have a few hours vs having to spend most of our time driving out and back.  I am new to boating and I have seen Hospital Shoal mentioned multiple times but it looks like it might be a little further out than I'd have time to try on a quick trip during the week.  Obviously would like stripers but he would be happy catching anything really.  Is anywhere near Thompson Island worth trying?

3 hours ago, FishNotPhish said:

Not looking for any secret spot burns but I will be taking a smaller fishing boat out from Marina Bay a few times this summer with my son and was wondering if there are any obvious spots I can try to hit pretty quickly if we only have a few hours vs having to spend most of our time driving out and back.  I am new to boating and I have seen Hospital Shoal mentioned multiple times but it looks like it might be a little further out than I'd have time to try on a quick trip during the week.  Obviously would like stripers but he would be happy catching anything really.  Is anywhere near Thompson Island worth trying?

For stripers troll tube and worm off the east side of Thompson's on through to the dock on the north side. Be careful of some big rocks near the water line at low tide when swinging around the corner.

I'm at Marina Bay for another week or so...Good Luck!

5 hours ago, FishNotPhish said:

There should be plenty of winter flounder trickling in around dear island flats.  Haven’t fished there in a while, but now should be the right time.

First off.Get a new chart of the area and study it prior to getting on the boat.Then get the periodical "Tide Log" the Northern N.E. issue and study that too.That will give you a ton of info about currents and ebb and flow all around the Boston Harbor Is. and area.You can get one at just about any tackle shop or marine store for about $15.Invaluable info.Especially to a new boater.Good luck and stay safe.

On 5/10/2021 at 2:56 PM, jason colby said:

For stripers troll tube and worm off the east side of Thompson's on through to the dock on the north side. Be careful of some big rocks near the water line at low tide when swinging around the corner.

I'm at Marina Bay for another week or so...Good Luck!

Any open trips before you go? I'm about ten minutes from Marina Bay.  In fact, my daughter's bridal shower is this Saturday at Port 305, will you be at the dock? Wouldn't mind introducing myself. Let me know. JO

2 hours ago, John O' said:

Any open trips before you go? I'm about ten minutes from Marina Bay.  In fact, my daughter's bridal shower is this Saturday at Port 305, will you be at the dock? Wouldn't mind introducing myself. Let me know. JO

Hi John!

On Saturday I have a trip that goes from 5am-noon and another that starts at noon so the noon turn-around time will be a bit hectic.  But,  if you are around at 5pm, that is when I come in from round 2....