Mr. Bigdeal

Summer's here and now this....

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

First it was ammo, then masks, then hand dissinfectant.....and now that summer is upon us....it's CHLORINE for swimming pools..there is none.....a shortage, right.....politically this country is F'd up but the retailers are the worst taking every advantage to rape the public's wallet....this has got to be dealt with at some point on the consumer level.....a spanking is in order....omo.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

It’s not the pools that is the concern.  It is the disinfection of potable water for public consumption.  Your drinking water.....unless you have a private well.

18 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

For me.....it's my damn Pool.

Me too lol. I just stocked up on shock for the whole summer. Rather be safe than sorry. 

Simple supply and demand.

You want to spank the retailer?

Don't buy it.

And don't pee in your pool.

Edited by Gotcow?

42 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

First it was ammo, then masks, then hand dissinfectant.....and now that summer is upon us....it's CHLORINE for swimming pools..there is none.....a shortage, right.....politically this country is F'd up but the retailers are the worst taking every advantage to rape the public's wallet....this has got to be dealt with at some point on the consumer level.....a spanking is in order....omo.

Use salt and stock the pool.  What better way to practice fly casting?

Bought chlorine this past Saturday. Store was loaded with it. Pallets of chlorine. $1.00 more per gallon than last year, but plenty to be had.

2 hours ago, Fishtale7 said:

Bought chlorine this past Saturday. Store was loaded with it. Pallets of chlorine. $1.00 more per gallon than last year, but plenty to be had.

Liquid chlorine.....where.

This one doesn't appear to be political. Major manufacturer in Louisiana had a bad fire. Plant damaged (if not destroyed) and I am guessing a lot of inventory burned up or ruined. The only part I could see the government getting involved in is buying up what was left to provide for municipalities to clean drinking water.

4 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Liquid chlorine.....where.

On Long Island... Island Recreation has 6% chlorine for $1.99 on sale with email coupon/discount, and $2.99 regular price. Ocean State Odd Lot has 12% chlorine for $3.49 on sale, and $3.99 regular price. Both stores had pallets of the stuff.

Edited by Fishtale7

1 min ago, ihocky2 said:

This one doesn't appear to be political. Major manufacturer in Louisiana had a bad fire. Plant damaged (if not destroyed) and I am guessing a lot of inventory burned up or ruined. The only part I could see the government getting involved in is buying up what was left to provide for municipalities to clean drinking water.

One of the hurricanes last year knocked out a chlorine plant in Louisiana (or Alabama, can't remember)