Angler #1

Meeshaun Point

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

might not have a ring to it as one of the greatest places to catch a number of fish, including the elusive Striped bass. A place where the sand men of old traveled by various means to chase the dreams of a fish of a life time. A place where during stormy weather you might find a ship or two high and dry along its edges. A place where you never knew what may transpire that day . A place where those four wheeling might not make a cut and be captured in the swirling waters of unknown . A place where a new population of sand men and women were conceived under the starry nights of the new moon . Yes a change is being considered to rename Race Point in Provincetown to honor the original tribal village in the region back in another time . It dates back to at least the 1816 period in time when the name Race Point was decided upon for its tidal race strong currents , that '" challenged mariners to navigate the cape tip"  What about the challenges it placed upon all of the sand men who walked, drove these shore lines for so many years in search of the holy grail fish of size , and who also launched small boats from these shores to out wit the fish they seeked.      Will it remain Race Point or will it become Meeshaun Point .  Peace and Prayers   

11 mins ago, capecodder said:

Nice to see you read the article in the Cape Cod Times this morning 

I read most every paper on a daily basis and this is not the first time I have seen this in the paper , since you also read it what say see Peace and Prayers

1 hour ago, capecodder said:

Nice to see you read the article in the Cape Cod Times this morning 

Capecodder what are you saying? 

I just thought a reference to the Cape Cod Times article should be given so anyone interested could read it for the full context of the proposed name change

Posted (edited) · Report post

3 mins ago, capecodder said:

I just thought a reference to the Cape Cod Times article should be given so anyone interested could read it for the full context of the proposed name change

Excellent point. I didn't realize this thread was about a  CC Times article until you pointed it out.

Edited by bob_G

15 mins ago, bob_G said:

Excellent point. I didn't realize this thread was about a  CC Times article until you pointed it out.

This very subject was written up in the CCT several weeks ago, old news if it's even news at all.....................

7 mins ago, b-ware said:

This very subject was written up in the CCT several weeks ago, old news if it's even news at all.....................

So what's your point?

Race Point forever, too many signs and maps to change. If they wanted it to be Meeshaun Point, they should have taken care of that at the time. Too late.

7 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

Race Point forever, too many signs and maps to change. If they wanted it to be Meeshaun Point, they should have taken care of that at the time. Too late.

I agree. Why is everyone trying to change the name of everything lately. The name Cape Cod is very misleading, there’s no cod there. Maybe we should change it’s name to.